“Very Nice and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Bowling Green, KY
“Very Nice and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed there with my 20 year old son for the MLK holiday weekend. The location is out of town but it was near where we needed to visit. It is not on a built up exit so not a lot around.

The complimentary continental breakfast was not great but it was by all means sufficient.

I loved that they keep fresh coffee in the lobby. It was good too. Right after we checked in they served some fresh baked cookies down there. Good Wi-fi which is always important these days.

Overall a very nice hotel for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. If your travels bring you back to Jacksonville, we would love to see you again and will have fresh cookies and hot coffee waiting just for you!

Safe Travels!

Myra Ash

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Coppell, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Although I can't figure out why their elliptical machine doesn't light up after connection to the socket I have to admit that the fitness room itself is spacious with high-quality dumbells for lifting. I didn't check whether the two treadmills are worth using but I did notice that they were lit up and "on". There is also a recumbent bike which I've yet to test. Breakfast room is normal with the usual assortment of cereal, blueberry muffs and toxic eggs. Somehow I became stuck in a smoking room on the third floor and I'm trying to sort this one out although it seems to be a Hilton reservation issue and probably not the fault of this Hampton location. I reserved online where my profile and stay history should have clued Hilton in and prohibited me from being kept in a smoking room. Ample parking; seemingly safe area. I've never stayed here in the summer months, but I'm wondering whether the stagnant water in the retention pond out back of the hotel supports the local mosquito population in the warmer months of the year. I won't be around to check it out fortunately. There doesn't seem to be a convenient running path anywhere near this hotel but the hotel is situated walking distance from a few restaurants such as Perard's, Chubby's Wings, Wok King, Wendy's, etc. This seems to be an average Hampton Inn, or maybe almost average. Depends on whether I can wiggle my way out of this smoking room when the Hampton is at full occupancy this week.

Room Tip: Maybe not all rooms on 3rd floor are smoking, but if you definitely don't want a hint of smoke s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that we could not honor the room request you reserved and for any inconvenience. Please direct message me your room information at myra.ash@hilton.com so I can talk to you about your concerns and assist in making your stay better and ensure you are in a non-smoking room for your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Myra Ash
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This Hampton Inn was conveniently located close to family and easy access to other parts of Jacksonville via I-10. We also stayed here at the same time last year. The rooms are large and very clean even though we had the first room off of the elevator. There were a few challenges with the bathroom on this visit such as the hair dryer going dead in the middle of drying. After another incident with the plumbing the evening desk clerk said she would take care of us because we had the problems. The hotel was also filled with the odor of smoke from a brush fire on our last night. The hotel adjusted our bill for the inconvenience without being asked. In all of my years of traveling this has never happened. I have always been a fan of the Hampton Inn brand but the outstanding customer service will,keep me returning.
Just to mention a few other things: the staff in the breakfast room was also exceptionally attentive, making certain to keep the tables clean ,the food well stocked and inquiring if we were satisfied. The evening desk clerk provided us with beverages so we could sit and relax by the pool. All in all one of the best staffs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hats off to everyone who makes this a very positive experience.

Hemmingford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We always try & stay at a Hampton Inn when travelling because they are clean,staff is always nice and complimentary Internet & breakfast are an added value. Also there are usually some good restaurants close by. Thanks Robert Brown

Room Tip: Cracker Barrel and sports bar within walking distance
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Clean, quiet rooms. Plenty of food at the breakfast. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Easy to get to off I-10. New property. Easy check-in and quick check-out. Really liked the in-room internet access as well as access in the lobby/dining area. Would like more fresh fruit on the breakfast bar. But there was plenty of variety and everyone left with all that they wanted..

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant. The staff was friendly and polite. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. The day manager went out of his way to help us find a number of cigar stores close by for our golf trip. The location is convenient and quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean room, everything worked, friendly staff! Close to the interstate so easy off easy on for travelers. Air worked like it was supposed to work giving a great nights sleep. Upon leaving the property one of the housekeepers even held the door open while I walked to exit the building. This was a first!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville? Share your experiences!