“Outstanding Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Maryland
“Outstanding Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This Hampton Inn was conveniently located close to family and easy access to other parts of Jacksonville via I-10. We also stayed here at the same time last year. The rooms are large and very clean even though we had the first room off of the elevator. There were a few challenges with the bathroom on this visit such as the hair dryer going dead in the middle of drying. After another incident with the plumbing the evening desk clerk said she would take care of us because we had the problems. The hotel was also filled with the odor of smoke from a brush fire on our last night. The hotel adjusted our bill for the inconvenience without being asked. In all of my years of traveling this has never happened. I have always been a fan of the Hampton Inn brand but the outstanding customer service will,keep me returning.
Just to mention a few other things: the staff in the breakfast room was also exceptionally attentive, making certain to keep the tables clean ,the food well stocked and inquiring if we were satisfied. The evening desk clerk provided us with beverages so we could sit and relax by the pool. All in all one of the best staffs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Hats off to everyone who makes this a very positive experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hemmingford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We always try & stay at a Hampton Inn when travelling because they are clean,staff is always nice and complimentary Internet & breakfast are an added value. Also there are usually some good restaurants close by. Thanks Robert Brown

Room Tip: Cracker Barrel and sports bar within walking distance
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Clean, quiet rooms. Plenty of food at the breakfast. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Easy to get to off I-10. New property. Easy check-in and quick check-out. Really liked the in-room internet access as well as access in the lobby/dining area. Would like more fresh fruit on the breakfast bar. But there was plenty of variety and everyone left with all that they wanted..

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant. The staff was friendly and polite. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. The day manager went out of his way to help us find a number of cigar stores close by for our golf trip. The location is convenient and quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean room, everything worked, friendly staff! Close to the interstate so easy off easy on for travelers. Air worked like it was supposed to work giving a great nights sleep. Upon leaving the property one of the housekeepers even held the door open while I walked to exit the building. This was a first!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at this hampton inn recently on a business trip.
The clerk at the counter had me checked in fast at a competitive rate for the area.
The best part, the room was extremely clean. This a biggie for me when I travel and I was very happy to see this hotel maintains the Hampton inn standards. I will stay here again when in town.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice, clean, comfortable, friendly, and cooked oatmeal for breakfast...what more could we want? An HVAC unit that doesn't tick loudly in the middle of the night? Turned out that they've had this problem before, something about the unit freezing up even though we only had it set on 68 degrees. Seems a bit strange that it couldn't have been handled before we got there, or that they didn't offer us some compensation for losing some sleep. Oh well, it was otherwise enjoyable and we'd probably return. A tough one to rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am terribly sorry to hear that the AC unit malfunctioned in your guestroom and that it was not fixed before your stay. Our maintenance team is looking into multiple solutions and we anticipate a speedy resolution. However, please direct message me so I can personally apologize and we hope to have you as our guest again.

Kind regards,
Myra Ash
myra.ash@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn I-10 West Jacksonville? Share your experiences!