“Good But Bland” 3 of 5 stars
Review of China Buffet (Argyle Forest)

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Buffet (Argyle Forest)
6001 Argyle Forest Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244-6664
Cuisines: Chinese
Enterprise
“Good But Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ate there three times on two occasions, 1 year apart.
The buffet has a big selection and the food is fresh, but the taste is bland. Nothing spicy.

Visited July 2013

47% Recommend
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food good deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

One of the best layouts of food for an excellent price. This place is one of my favorites. The food is always fresh and the selection one of the best. Why pay $15 a plate and get only one item when you can get dozens of item for about half the price. The service is also excellent, they make sure your drinks are filled and help when needed.
I highly recommend this place when you are hungry and just can't decide what it is you want.

If you find this helpful please mark it so.
Berny

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orange Park, Florida, United States
“Good Food Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Honey Chicken is the star of the show. Also, the white rice is as close to what we got in Japan that I have found. Great selection of dishes, hot and fresh. They also have a Mongolian BBQ and sushi bar. Go for lunch - the food is the same and the prices are much lower.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Never again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

my two boys were wanting Chinese food so we made our way to China Buffet which we have been to before ..we were seated in the girl took the drink order..I proceeded to go make a plate for each of my boys I picked up two plates proceeded to put some rice on one plate..when I notice a German cockroach dead on the plate.I got the attention of one of the workers and they just made a really awful face in disgust and took the plate to the back..I then went back to the table and explained to my husband what just happened.. three of our for drinks were on the table and the waitress asked if everything was okay when I told her what happened about the plate with the roach on it she just turned and walked away and came back with the fourth drink ...nothing was ever said ..so we left and needless to say we will never be back

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ware
“Great food and selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Enjoyed the food and service, but charged us $2.50 each for drinks we never had. I think it's a better deal to buy the buffet and pay per box if you have a family to feed and are staying at a local motel.

Visited January 2013