Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #3 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
New York
“Looks brand new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. It is extremely clean and looks brand new. The location is within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping. The fitness room is small but has the necessary equipment. The breakfast is a typcial Hampton Inn meal. The staff was very accomodating.

Room Tip: The hotel has suites with pull out beds for extra guests
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Docexaminer,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It was nice to read your comments and to recieve high marks! Our hotel is about 8 years old, but our staff works very hard in maintaining it, so I'm glad to hear their hard work is paying off. Thanks again, and I hope to have you back very soon!

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
woodstock, georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during labor day weekend. It's probably 15 mins to the beach but it was easy to get to. There's a movie theater and tons of restaurants within walking distance. Most of the staff we encountered are very friendly. There's a pretty loud sports bar near te hotel and thoughwe're on the 6th floor, we could still hear the music. I can't even guess how loud that might have sounded in the lower floors. If you want to avoid that, request for a room on the other side of the building. The pool and patio were great - nice place to relax. Minor complaints: breakfast was a bit disappointing. The 2 mornings we ate breakfast there, there wasn't any meat on the spread - just eggs, waffles and another hot item. Also, We had to wait 10 mins to check out because the front desk staff (A****a) was in a personal phone call (using both her cell and hotel phone). We could have just left our keys but she didn't even acknowledge us until she was done with her call.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the sports bar
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear JHaeded,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even though you had to experience the noise coming from the bar next door. I also appreciete that you didn't hold the actions on one employee against the entire staff. I apologize for the poor customer service that you recieved at check out, and I assure you, we will take corrective action so that this does not happen again. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is new, clean,and a top of the line Hampton inn. in a very good location near grocery shopping, etc. I highly recommend this hotel.
The breakfast had a very good selection. very clean area and pleasant. they pay attention to detail

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear PollySue,
Thank you for writing your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear of your good experience; our goal is to have clean, comfortable rooms, and it sounds like we hit the nail on the head. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was perfect! Everything was clean, fresh, and comfortable. Very nice breakfast/lobby lounge area and super friendly staff. Great restaurants and shops near-by.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Jamie F,
We apprecieate you taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with all aspects of your stay. I will pass you comments along to the staff; they love when they are mentioned for providing good service!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was almost disappointed to hear on my arrival that the hotel was overbooked for my selected and prepaid room during my recent trip, but before I could frown they were letting me know they would make it up to me, and did they. The hotel is clean and in order with one of the best outdoor patio/ pool areas you'll find in this price range. The large parking lot has a dining option or movie for everyone and not to bad of a drive to the beach or hop to the mall. Our one issue did come with hair on the towels and in the intake for the whirlpool tub (which I'm not one to use anyways). This can be a quick and large issue for some, but don't lose touch people it happens. And we all know something like a towel will hold to hair and a jet will suck them in and release later, plus they could have blown through the air. So as long as its not a large clump I can turn my head and get it with a tissue. Overall my best stay in Jax.

• Stayed July 2012
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Jmartin07,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad to read you enjoyed your visit, and gave us high marks, even though you found hair and had a problem with the jets. I apologize for those issues. Although they were minor in your eyes, we strive to get everything right. We will work hard to correct the issue with the hair, and have our maintenance team check all of our whirlpool tubs for correct operation. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My daughter and her now husband selected this Hampton to be the official hotel for their wedding last weekend. All the family and wedding party stayed here. People were very happy with the hotel. The price, rooms and friendly staff were great. The location near the Ale House was great for the young peoples after parties.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marcia P,
Thank you so much for your review! Congratulations to you and your family. We were just happy to be a part of a special weekend. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Roanoke, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went to Jacksonville on business, and the Hampton Inn was where I stayed and had all-day meetings. The staff was attentive to our every need, and went out of their way to help in every way possible. The conference room was perfect for our needs, and the staff went as far as to bring in coffee and water every morning, as well as pens, pads, and candy. They also provided us with cabling for our IT needs.

The continental breakfast had a lot to choose from, and the breakfast staff was also attentive to every need. The staff at this hotel is clearly trained on how to go above and beyond.

The location is great, as well, especially if you don't have a car. We were withing walking distance of easily a dozen different restaurants. The only complaint I had was that the Ale House next door got a little loud one of the nights - but since that was the night the Heat won the championship, I'll let that one slide.

The rooms are perfect for a business trip - spacious, with a very comfortable bed, a large desk, and a refrigerator and coffee maker. Both times I've come to this hotel, I forgot to bring certain toiletry items, and the front desk is happy to provide them for me free of charge.

All in all, this is a great location that goes out of their way to take care of your every need.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side AWAY from the Ale House may be quieter if there's an NBA championship game wit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear BarBuilder23,
I wanted to thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations during your most recent business trip. Our staff works very hard at maintaining our product and providing excellent customer service, and reviews like yours are what we strive for! I'm sorry to hear about the noise problem from the Ale House, and apprecieate your understanding with that. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Dan Jordan//GM

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area

Address: 4415 Southside Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#1 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
#1 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
#2 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Southside Blvd-Deerwood Pk Hotel Jacksonville
Hampton Inn And Suites Jacksonville-Southside Blvd-Deerwood Pk
Hampton Inn Jacksonville
Jacksonville Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.