“One of the best in Jacksonville” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bistro, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“One of the best in Jacksonville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you're looking for a great place to eat for breakfast or lunch, you must try this place! The portions are big...enough to split (at least with the things I've gotten) and the prices aren't too bad. Yo hala on the square is delish! Get there early if you go for breakfast as parking is basically non- existent and it gets very crowded quickly, especially on the weekend. It's worth the wait though!

Pennsylvania
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Busy place but so worth the wait. We had a large party and got there bright and early. Only had to wait a half an hour. The complimentary coffee outside was nice. Place was packed by the time we left. Our server was incredibly helpful. I wanted the
Yo Hala on the Square
A thick slice of challah bread stuffed with a mixture of bananas, brown sugar, cream cheese, and hazelnut syrup, then prepared like French toast. Topped with a delicious blueberry strawberry compote!!
But they also had one topped with peaches. I love peaches. I could not decide. The server said I can split your plate and give you both. Brilliant!! I also wanted the Charleston Shrimp and Grits
Two fried grit cakes infused with cheddar cheese, roasted red peppers, and Andouille sausage. Topped with shrimp, sausage, onions, and peppers in a shrimp volute. Garnished with bacon and green onions. and guess what the other special was. A New Orleans style shrimp and grits. Oh crap. Can I split that too? Of course you can. No. I did not eat all this myself. My husband and I split it and we shared with everyone else. I need a Metro diner in Pgh. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

So delicious and fresh! Can not wait to go back. Very busy place so be prepared for hustle and bustle. Wait staff are hard workers, attentive, and pleasant through it all. I had the eggs Benedict California Style and it was amazing! I was full and yet could have eaten another! Priced right! My husband had the Biscuits and gravy one of his favorites and it sure was! Thank you Metro for growing beyond the profile of Diners' Drive Ins' and Dives :)

Visited May 2014
“Sure Thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I live in Miami however I spend over 30 % of my time in Jax.
Which is a lovely city however restaurants are mostly franchises of major chains.
Metro Diner is one of the exception ,when in town I go there for lunch or breakfast at least twice a week.
The food is always excellent ie chicken and Waffles,meatloaf,hash and eggs to name a few "out of this world."
The staff is friendly with a smile and good manners
I wish we had a diner like this in Miami.

Visited May 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“One of the best breakfasts I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stopped by this place for breakfast because we had seen it on Diners Driver ins and Dives and were hoping it would live up to the hype and it totally did. Everything on the breakfast menu was awesome. My favorite was the french toast it was the best french toast I have ever had.

• Visited August 2013