“Busy,busy place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Quechee, Vermont
“Busy,busy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Everyone was "hopping". The chalk board said " chicken salad with pecans on green or Caesar salad." I ordered, and received a large soup plate with warm,cut up encrusted fried chicken on a rather dry Caesar salad. I did not change it.the manager came by,asked me " how are you doing"? And apologized and had me try the chicken salad, which was delicious. It was noon time and the noise level was quite high. But I will return as the menu looked like fun. They are not open for dinner.

Visited April 2014

Pine City, Minnesota
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great food, great service! Sat outside to get a seat before rush time. Long wait time after 10:00 am so get there early for breakfast.

Bedford, Pennsylvania
“Fine, not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Met a friend here for lunch in late March, 2014. Even though it was 1:30 and well past usual lunch crowds, the place was full. Were seated about 15 minutes after we arrived. The friend we were meeting was at a different Metro Diner location - we had our signals crossed. And they close at 2:30. Our waitress assured us that it was not a problem if our friend arrived close to 2:30 (she did).

The food was fine, though not outstanding. I had a pastrami sandwich on rye - the rye couldn't hold up to the pastrami and it fell apart. Needed a more substantial roll or bread. My husband had a burger, which he enjoyed. Our friend had a veggie burger which she said was good - though it looked like a gray pre-formed patty to me. However, she liked it.

As an out-of-towner, I probably would not return here again. If I lived in Jax, I might stop in for a quick sandwich or soup for lunch.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Not Your Usual Diner - Two Thumbs Up Because I Don't Have Three!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Terrific diner with a fabulous menu. Its loud, its noisy, its crowded - all for a reason. The food for breakfast or lunch (6:30AM to 2:30PM) is delicious, plentiful, delicious, and reasonably priced . . . and delicious. There is usually a crowd and a wait but its worth it. Patio is first come first serve. Different menu offerings adn combinations, pancakes bigger than your head (and that's the small size), real maple syrup (added cost), marvelous egg concoctions including a personal favorite, Breakfast Pie, grits, biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles and a ton of other good stuff. Service is good, fast and brief, swooping in and out rapidly. Great place for lunch or dinner. http://metrodiner.com/

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, FL
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Best chicken and waffles I've ever had. We also had the fried chicken Benedict and French toast. Really delicious. The service is consistently great as is the food. There is usually a wait, but they allow to do a call ahead type of reservation so you don't have to wait outside for a long time, but they do give you free coffee while you wait. Love going there when we visit.