“Better publicity than food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic, Café, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Jacksonville, Florida
“Better publicity than food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like the Metro Diners, the original and the newer one by Julington Creek. The ambience at the original one is good. It was featured on the cooking channel and their business has doubled. I like to have breakfast there, but I also like their fish sandwich.

Visited November 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

While in Jacksonville for the weekend my best friend said we should have breakfast after church. OMG the chicken and waffle were enormous!!! This was the best chicken and waffle I had ever had.The chicken was seasoned perfectly and was extremely moist. What made it even better was the concoction of syrup and hot sauce....who would have known...DELICIOUS!! Though we had an extremely long wait for our party of 7 once inside I saw why, it's very tiny but the waitstaff was phenomenal and quickly assisted us once we sat. I will be back next month and will be having chicken waffles again :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We read the reviews and wanted to stop by, also hearing that one of the diners was on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. There are three locations this one was closest to our son who we were visiting. When we checked the website for the location details we saw that they closed at 2- and it was 1:30. We called and they said as long as you were in by 2 it was fine. We arrived at 1:50 and never felt rushed. We had Eggs Benedict, a Breakfast Burrito, Cinnamon Raisin Pecan French Toast, and Yo Hala on the Square (a thick slice of Challah bread stuffed with bananas that have been sautéed in Frangelica and blended with cream cheese, prepared like French toast and topped with a blueberry strawberry compote). All was wonderful, servings very large, and the staff very friendly. Another place we hope to return to again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
florida
“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Read the reviews on Tripadvisor, so while in town the hubby and I had to try!
Was not disappointed! Busy place but we happened to get seated right away.
Tried the chicken & waffles (first time ever having that) and I am hooked!! It may have been the
best thing I've ever eaten, the chicken was soo juicy and the special sauce (hot sauce and syrup) was a fabulous combination. The waffles were tasty along with the strawberry butter, was amazing! Glad I don't live too close, b/c I would be a few pounds heavier!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocoee, Florida
“Excellent Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day breakfast at the Metro Diner. Very busy - but seating quickly. We split a belgian waffle and the crabcake eggs benedict. Everything was excellent, with good sized portions. Not a place for a quiet morning read of the paper, but worth a special trip if you like good, well prepared breakfasts.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere