“Go for drinks and service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #281 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
“Go for drinks and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

There is better Mexican food in town. But the drinks are generous pours and the servers are super friendly. The food is unfortunately just average. In my humble opinion, a lot like La Nop. Better quality at Taco Lu's and Cantina Laredo. Have not tried Flying Iguana yet, so TBD. Was first visit here and there will not be a second for me, unfortunately, since I have moved into the area. Happy hour is open til 7 pm.
Only reason to go for me....

Jacksonville, Florida
“BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN JAX!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I have been going to the Hodges and Phillips Hwy locations since they opened!
Try the Shrimp Soup or Chicken Soup as an appetizer! YUMMY!! the BEST $2.50 Margarita's in town and bring a designated driver because the are GREAT! The staff are the BEST and all around "THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN JAX".

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Very Good, way better than La Nopolera”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Have been here about 5 times, very good portions and service, food is ALOT better than La Nopolera, I like it even better than Cantina Loreda at town center, my wife agrees. They have a mint magazine coupon as well. I got the steak fajitas, she got chicken casadillas and chille releno. The price is right, good margarita pitchers as well. They have a hot homemade salsa, we always have leftovers. This place is worth trying for sure if you like Mexican food.

Visited January 2014
Enterprise,AL
“Authentic(Not to me)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went for late lunch and ordered the two chicken tacos with beans and rice. Young lady took my order. Young man delivered my order which consisted of two ground beef tacos on two plates one of which he gave to my wife. She did not order a taco. No beans or rice. The tacos were on some hard shell tortilla just like Taco Bell. Expressed my disappointment about the tacos and he brought my beans and rice followed by two chicken tacos on soft corn tortillas. Even my wife tried some and said the chicken was tasteless. She gets something right once in awhile. First place that I have ever not left a gratuity. Worst experience I had in your fair city.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“It's Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

It's good! It's fast, clean and authentic with good service and good prices. They have excellent daily specials.

Visited November 2013