“Much Improved!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
“Much Improved!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I ate at Terra when it first opened, and they obviously did not have the kinks worked out. I had heard it had really improved so I gave it another try. I am glad I did. Great food and great service.

Visited September 2013

“Excellent restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been to Terra twice now and both times were excellent. At the first visit, I had the beef filet which was cooked to perfection and so tender I barely needed a knife. The chorizo stuffed mushroom appetizer was delicious and nice presentation in a small cast iron skillet. The french fries with parmasean, truffle oil and garlic aioli are a must try. I love the farm to table concept of mostly local ingredients, they use a lot of Black Hog Farm meat and produce. Atmosphere was intimate and cozy, acoustics were nice so you can easily hold conversations without the loudness that I find in a lot of other restaurants. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fleming Island, Florida
“A few tweaks needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Let me start by saying the owner greeted us warmly upon arrival and made us feel very welcome and he was genuinely glad to have us there. When the owner handed us the menus, one of them had a huge brown stain across it and my wife and I looked at each other in disbelief. We couldn't believe the owner of the place would give out a menu that looked awful. I hope he reads this and acts on some of these observations. Terra has the opportunity to make itself a "go to" place in Jacksonville given a few tweaks.

First, our server seemed a bit rushed even though we went early and it was not busy. When asking her about the beer list she said she would go find out what they had but them proceeded to rattle off a long list of beers. Not sure what that was about. She then just asked if we were ready to order without giving us the presentation. The reason it is needed here is that the menu contains lots of "chefs choice" items, i.e., shrimp, scallops, fish, etc. that need explaining about preparation. She skipped it. One of the wine glasses was filthy, the chair rail and window sills are extremely dusty and the bathroom was dusty as well. To me, cleanliness is job one when you own a restaurant. I even wrote the word "dusty" on top of the towel dispenser in the bathroom to bring their attention to it. When I did the dust literally rolled off the top. Yuck.

The food was very good tasting and the presentation very good as well. Given a few corrections and attention to detail Terra is a great place for good food and atmosphere. I hope he brings it where it needs to be.

At the end of the day I think you should try Terra for yourself and enjoy the food, warmth and friendliness.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing food, worth the wait.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food at Terra is absolutely amazing. The prices are a little high, but I definitely would NOT say they were overpriced, the quality of the food you get is worth every penny in my opinion. The menu has items that are local, sustainable, and in season. The menu changes every week depending on what they have, so it's always great to go in and try something new. We've been there a few times and have never been disappointed. The food takes a while to come out, but it is definitely worth the wait. The servers are all very nice, and the owner always remembers us when we come in. This is probably my favorite place in Jax when it comes to sit-down restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Love The Menu, Great Food, Good Service, Intelligent Wine List.Its A Little Pricey, Buy Is Worth It. I Love The Brunch.

• Visited June 2013