“Decent sushi (some even deep fried)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #226 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese
Beaverton, Oregon
“Decent sushi (some even deep fried)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

We found Sushi Cafe in a visitors guide and it sounded great. It's on Riverside Avenue across from Memorial Park, near the Five Points area. Plenty of parking in the shopping center and both indoor and outdoor seating is available. This place is not to be confused with some others with similar names (and terrible reviews).

The service wasn't very friendly, but the sushi was pretty decent. Among other things, we tried the Jax roll (California roll, topped with eel), the Jaguar roll (eel and avocado, deep fried), and the Jimmy Smith roll (salmon, avocado, and cream cheese, deep fried w/ honey mustard) since we were tourists in Jacksonville. I can't say I've ever had deep fried sushi before, but it was strangely delicious for a change, particularly the one with honey mustard. The others we tried (California, spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, etc) were on par with most other sushi places we've been. No better, no worse. We were more than happy with everything.

If you want amazing, authentically Japanese sushi, you'll probably leave here with some complaints. If you are just in the mood for some decent sushi, this place will probably due just fine.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“THE BEST Sushi Restaurant in Jacksonville! Try the Dynamite Roll or the Florida Roll! Yum! And ask for a side of Shrimp...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

THE BEST Sushi Restaurant in Jacksonville! Try the Dynamite Roll or the Florida Roll! Yum! And ask for a side of Shrimp Sauce! =)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's alright if I have to go to Riverside. I much prefer Sushi Rock in San Marco.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the dynamite roll's dyno-mite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

the dynamite roll's dyno-mite.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite sushi place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

My favorite sushi place in Jacksonville.. Great sushi, fresh, quick and efficient service.. Its an all around great place with a very broad menu... And its clean.