“Great - don't understand the negative reviews.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laura
Transit: The City of Jacksonville offers a bus stop in front of The Landing. You may also choose to arrive here by monorail, water taxi or trolley.
Description: Benny’s Steak and Seafood is located on the waterfront of the St. Johns river. Benny's is known for it's delicious seafood and steaks. Come try our Filet Christian Steak or our Chef Seabass. We also appeal to our pasta lovers as well with our pasta selections. Come in for a couples romantic dinner or bring the whole family and let the children select from our kid friendly children’s menu. Benny’s also offers two full service bars, one located inside and the other located outside on our beautiful waterfront patio. Come join us for happy hour right off your boat or join us for a drink before your nightly event. Benny’s Steak and Seafood has a great lunch menu to please you. We offer $8.95 lunches, including your soft beverage. If you are looking to book a large party, look no more. Benny's specializes in wedding rehearsal dinners, graduation and birthday parties. Whatever your reason for dining, Benny’s steak and seafood is your right choice.
Atlanta, GA
“Great - don't understand the negative reviews.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I would sit inside - outside was noisy. But the inside is quite pleasant and the views of the river and the bridges are great. We all loves our food and the service was quite good. The bacon wrapped scallops were melt in your mouth good. Well worth the prices, which were not bad at all for the food and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

49% Recommend
Rockbridge
“Of Course the Grits are Lumpy...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The river front location is exquisite. The food, not so much. I ordered shrimp and grits. The grits had big, nasty lumps in them. When I complained, the waiter said, "Well, we made them three hours ago." I might go there for a drink (if I was willing to wait for it), just to watch the water and the Bay Street Bridge.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“50/50”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited during jazz fest memorial day weekend. Arrived around 9pm. Seated on the patio by Benny himself. Waitress took our drink orders. 15 minutes later she returned. Took our order and said she would bring us bread. Twenty minutes later she returned with bread and said she would come right back with drink refills... Need I go on? I ordered the ribeye with mashed potatoes. Both were excellent. Husband ordered the grilled Mahi, it was dry and over cooked, but his vegetables and potatoes were very good. We didn't complain about the Mahi. What's the use, we were already an hour and a half in...we just weren't willing to wait longer. In the servers defense, they were very busy and it appeared her section was actually inside and she just got stuck with an outside table farrrr from her section. Like I said, it was 50/50 good /bad. If in Jacksonville again we probably would not try Benny again but another spot on Jacksonville landing just for the sake of trying something new.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marianna, Florida
“Wonderful view; great food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visited here recently with a group my husband traveled with!! What a wonderful experience! The food was so good (we had prime rib); salads are very fresh and a wonderful view of the river as you enjoy your dining experience! Well worth the visit while in Jacksonville!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good Food - Finally - Good Waitress - Poor Management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I ate there during the jazz festival in the late afternoon when it wasn't very busy. I ate alone & was placed at a two top in front of a back door that was not in use. I ordered the filet with the crab imperial & shrimp, a house specialty. I chose the roasted potatoes & described how I like it done. Depending on the restaurant, it's either medium or medium rare. I asked her to err on the side of rare. I waited while the couple who came in probably 15 minutes after me got their food. I was initially told my ticket had gotten lost or misplaced when they changed the tape, so my order was now top priority, & I was fine with that. When my order came, I cut into the steak & there was no sign of any pink at all, & it also had mashed potatoes, not roasted. She agreed 100% & thanked me for my patience. So another wait and then my meal came. It was worth the wait. The steak was properly cooked. I tried to remove the mixture from on top my steak to cut into it better & accidentally flung the shrimp on the floor & had to laugh. I said what else can go wrong, & she said she'd get me more, & was glad it wasn't the steak. I said you & me both. She was good though. She kept waiting I think for me to be upset, but I wasn't. Her name was Cindy, I believe. She also sweetened the wait with free coffee & dessert, which was even better. It's the way they ran the kitchen that's not the best. I also heard the manager chewing out the staff for not setting out the bread on the tables & threatened to send them home if they did it again. I don't doubt they might need a talking to, but that's something your paying customers never should hear - and I was not sitting anywhere near the kitchen. Oh - and the door that I'd been placed in front of that was locked - one of the other wait staff unlocked it so people could come in to use the bathroom easier - so instead of a bit of privacy I now have people brushing against me. I did get up & move to the other side of the table - are you kidding me?

• Visited May 2013