“Always a Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
St. Johns, Florida
“Always a Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We took my mother out for Mothers Day last night for a wonderfully, relaxful and tasty dinner. Beginning with the Saganaki Flambe, which has always been a favorite of mine; here, it is the best! Paired with the Greek wine, Makedonikos which was recommended by our waitress, who by the way was fabulous. I had the Veal Ithaki, which came with a romantic story of a woman who waited 25 years for her lovers return from the war in Greece. Sauteed with eggplant, tomatoes, onions and red wine, it melted in my mouth. My fiance had the special, which was Ivy Shrimp, in a creamy cheese sauce; he was lucky I didn't have more of his too. My mother was able to enjoy her lamb, which fell off the bone and was able to take some home with her. We felt like we were eating with family and shared a delightful family meal. Thank you to the staff and chef for a memorable evening!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Okay but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friend and I were searching for a great restaurant that serves Greek food and were told to try out this one. Unfortunately, it did not live up to our expectations as far as the food goes. The ambiance was nice, the service was great but the food was just so so and we both decided we will have to continue our search for great Greek food here in Jacksonville.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I love to go to the Russian Deli next door to the Athens Cafe. By the way it is great and has Caviar at the best price in town. We went to the Athens Cafe late in the afternoon as they were about to close and prepare for the evening. They encouraged us to come in and were very up front about what we could have as technically they were closed. The food was great and they were very hospitable. Will be back during regular hours.

Visited February 2014
Atlantic Beach, Florida, USA
“Love Athens Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent neighborhood Greek restaurant. Food is fresh and delicious! Friendly and attentive staff. We are regulars.

Visited December 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Like going to Grandma's house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

If your Grandma was Greek of course.....

I have been going here for years, mostly for lunch when I worked nearby. The service was always great, I never had a bad meal and the owners were always gracious and welcoming.

One criteria I use for a great restaurant is: "Is there anything on the menu I would NOT order again" I can honestly say, No, I would order anything on this menu again and LOVE IT.

Don't miss it!