“Family Friendly is the best I can say” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Phillips Highway
Transit: JTA bus stop at Avenues Mall.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Family Friendly is the best I can say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Maybe best for families? For those looking for quality Italian food you'll do better at Maggiano's or Carrabba's, though. We tried Buca twice and were disappointed with the service, the food, and the cleanliness of the restaurant. Perhaps they've improved?

63% Recommend
“Training Needed! Poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing but the service was horrible. Staff speaking about other guests and co-workers in front of us, took at least 10 minutes to get our drinks (we ate at the bar) absentminded staff and overall communication issues for something as simple as getting silverware. Saw a server bring back a glass of wine because a guest asked for a clean glass; the bartender just wiped the rim of the glass and sent it back. Again, amazing food, horrible service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
home
“I am not a fan of family style, want a smaller portion.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

While the food and service was good, I didn't like the menu. Everything you could order came for 2 or 4 people. My husband and I don't generally like the same dishes, so we ordered something different, however, each of these items fed two people. Too much food and I didn't really want to take home to reheat. Also, if you are looking for the bill to stay low, its impossible because you have to order a bigger portion and pay the price. If you had an option to choose just a normal portion of a meal, I would go back, but not for the family style menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ordered some drinks at the bar. Bloody Mary's had no taste; all ice, no hot sauce, no stirrer or coaster given. Waited 15 minutes at table and then had to go get a server. Received appetizer and had to ask for dishes. Sent one dish back because it was cold and never saw it again. Food was ok.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“DONT GO THERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ordered chicken parm. while waiting I had to un-stick my shoes from the floor. No kidding. My shoes literally were sticking to the "goop" on the floor under the table. Had to get waiter to lower the music, waitress was trying to be "ultra-cool"...and act concerned and "hip".... Ok so music too loud and shoes stuck to floor.....food comes....start eating and notice my chicken parm is a bit too chewy....cut open the second piece...and yup....NOT COOKED! Chicken not cooked....RAW CHICKEN! Are you kidding me? Just as I cut it, the manager walked by and asked how everything was...I showed her, she was agast and skurried to replace it....which she did, took about 15 minutes....apoligized and also offere free desert (thanks, no no thanks)....fortunately i am not sick (yet)....they did not charge me for my dinner, rightfully so. Left (after waiting 10 minutes for waitress to finish "chatting" with next table), all the while noticing the putrid and dirty floors throughout the entire place. Doesn't look like they have mopped in ages.....Horrible. Never go there again. Over priced as well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the location in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.