“Always enjoyable, relaxed atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Outdoor seating
Good for: Outdoor seating
Jacksonville, Florida
“Always enjoyable, relaxed atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

It's always fun to go to Harpoon Louises, "the game" is always on one of several TV's, they have two pool tables, and a perfect outside deck on Fishweir Creek. The staff is always friendly and do their best to make sure your meal is cooked to your liking. My visit last week was very good. I had the mushroom swiss burger and my friend had the Hot wings. They have some of the best chicken wings around. Some of my other favorites are the shrimp and grits, chicken salad sandwich and fish tacos with home made mango salsa. Yummy! As far as negatives I would have to say when they're busy it may take a little longer to get your food. I will continue to go to Harp's, where they treat you like family.

• Visited November 2011

48% Recommend
Jacksonville, FL
“Serves the fastest cold beer in the south!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My husband and I frequent this quirky spot frequently and not just because it's around the corner from where we live. The menu is fun and often has new items. The food is
reasonable and delicious, everytime! But what we love the most, you barely have sat down (you seat yourself) and poof! The cocktail fairy appears, takes your order and seconds later you have an icy cold beverage in front of you served with a smile. The seating outside is rustic and even on the hottest days the trees provide decent shade.
Inside there are more tables, a bar and pool tables. This has been a long time favorite of lots of people in the Riverside area and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jacksonville, fl
“Great food, awesome atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is our neighborhood eatery. We go there a few times a month. Laid back atmosphere and good food. If you like wings order them Carls Way! You can sit on the porch and see the water and you can bring your dog. If you are in the area and like good casual food you should try Harpoons!

• Visited July 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Burgers in Jax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I live right down the street from Harpoon Louie's abd love goin with my family. So many people enjoy it and the servers are very friendly! If you ever visit Jacksonville, you must go to Harpoon Louie's!

• Visited October 2010
jax fl
“It is excellent !! has been under new managment and those who didn't like it in the past should go back"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

I have been coming here for years and I read the other posts and don't disagree with some of them , like rude staff and slow time but that was before the new owners took over about four years ago. I have always loved sitting outside and even inside too. They have 5 tvs now but aren't really known for a sports bar. they are an excellent choice for families and we even bring our dog. who is well behaved, mind you! I know the owners a little and they seem really nice. they have kids about the same age as ours. i do reccomend trying it again! GREAT FOOD!!!!!!!