“Good Chicken,HORRIBLE HOSTESS and WAITRESS!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #306 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good Chicken,HORRIBLE HOSTESS and WAITRESS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have been going here on and off for 30 years.But today was it!Sunday's are always busy here,we know this.But we were treated very rudely by the hostess(the young black girl).We got there at 1pm and was in line for 30 minutes after giving our name,just three of us.The hostess would see empty tables but not ask for someone to bus them.Then when a table next to the front door came empty but not cleaned off,she said "You people can sit there" pointing at the dirty table next to front door with cold air blowing thru every time the door opened and people waiting,hovering right on top of the table.I ask if we could get one of the tables in the back away from the front door.She said "Well thay ain't ready yet".I said very politely "We will wait till one is ready"."What eva" was her reply,rolling her eyes!20 minutes later she sits other people at the tables we asked for.So we went in and sat at one of the dirty tables.Another 20 minutes goes by and no one comes by to clean or ask us for anything.Finally I had enough,got up went into the kitchen and ask for the manager.Young man came up and ask to help.THANK GOD!Someone ask if we need something.He took our order,brought our food and basically did the waitress job.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Niceville, Florida
“Ole Time Chicken at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Grew up near Atlantic Blvd and this place was a must eat establishment 50 years ago and still is. The place is famous and still has the absolute best chicken, and don't miss the cream peas. I had the 4-piece meal for $9,and was very happy.You can eat in or take out. Just step back 40-50 years in time and remember how good it was.

Just don't miss this place. It's on Atlantic just pass the overpass on the left heading west. It's dark at night so keep an eye open.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marietta, GA
“Time has changed nothing...Still Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

There were a few bad reviews on this site, but since we have been going to this restaurant for 34 years, we decided to see for ourselves (again).

The food was great...best fried chicken any where. Service was friendly and quick, and the place was very clean, including the restrooms.

I won't hesitate to recommend Beach Road Chicken Dinners to any and all. If your expectation is white table cloth, tuxedo dressed wait staff, then by all means please go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Yum! Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife, a friend and I spend 1.5 hours driving up to Jax just to have dinner here and it was worth the ride for sure! We even ordered more chicken to bring home with us in our cooler and it was just as good the next day. Our chicken was very lightly breaded then fried to perfection! Not greasy at all and so tender and tasty. The sides were all very good as well. All three of us highly recommend the place and for those who complain about the food I absolutely have no clue why??!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I called for a take out and wanted the chicken low sodium. The lady I was talking to told me to order NO SALT chicken. I was so excited that they could accommodate me. I ordered a 12 piece dinner switched the peas to mash potatoes, my husband wanted fries, cole slaw, and chicken livers. When he arrived home I almost fainted. The livers were so good I only had a couple, the chicken was piping hot and not salty. We were so pleased with our meal that we will be ordering again for sure. Thank you for a perfect lunch! Also, they have baked chicken too.

Visited October 2013