“Don't let the location fool you!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Continental
Good for: Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Flagler Avenue
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Don't let the location fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife found the Wine Cellar on trip advisor during our stay in Jacksonville, FL. The location is a bit deceiving as it is nestled between a bank and a gas station. The inside décor reflected the inside of a wine cellar which made for a romantic and elegant atmosphere. Our waiter Wayne was excellent and projected the level of service for fine dining! My wife ordered the warm cherry goat cheese balls appetizer, which was an unique and tasty cheese plate. Because my wife is a vegetarian, the chef created a special pasta dish that was not on the menu. The dish looked and tasted amazing! For my appetizer I ordered the creole style crab and lobster bisque. Simply incredible! For my main course I ordered the trio of flavors which consisted of scallops, shrimp stuff with crab and beef tenderloin. Also included was sautéed arugula, creamed corn and dauphinoise potato's. The whole plate was absolutely fantastic!!

Sarasota, Florida
“Great menu and wine selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had the filet mignon medium rare. I was able to cut it with my form and the dry aging was apparent. Went all in and had Key Lime Pie and Bailey's Cake for dessert. Amazing and very nice selections of wine, even by the glass. Tastefully decorated and spacious, with a unique design.

Orlando, Florida
“A last bastion of old fashioned elegant dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It is so difficult these days to find a quiet restaurant with white table cloths, great service and interesting and tasty food. Wine Cellar has it ALL!

• Visited March 2013
Florida
“Gourmet food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Wine Cellar is our first choice for an elegant and delicious dinner. We ordered from their prix fixe menu last night and enjoyed each course...I had the flavorful beef tenderloin and my husband ordered a cod dish that he said was perfectly prepared. We have enjoyed many dinners at the Wine Cellar over the years, and whether they are featuring prix fixe or their regular menu, it's always a treat. The tasteful decor and pleasant atmosphere make this our favorite restaurant in Jacksonville.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a fantastic meal and the service - WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the best dinner, and the wine selection was excellent. Karen, our server was one of the best and most knowlegable servers we ever had. She knew everything about wine and the preperation of the food. The meal and wine was fantastic, but Karen made the evening.

• Visited July 2013