“Excellent coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
“Excellent coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A little hidden, if you're not a local, but the search was worth it. They take pride in their coffee and it shows. I had a cappuccino and it was so good I had to have a second cup. There's not a big selection of foods so don't expect much in that department. I'm a coffee snob or so my friends tell me, and I can say, this is one of the best cups of coffee I've had in a very long time. They also sell coffee beans and other coffee making gadgets. The price is reasonable, and if you're looking for an excellent cappuccino or espresso in Jacksonville, this is the place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, Florida
“'Cause it's so smoooooooth....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Oh my. I drink coffee everywhere I go. This is definitely in my top 5. I ordered the large latte which was the best I think I've tasted. Also got a bacon cheddar biscuit and an almost cookie. The biscuit was buttery and flamethrower and the cookie was very tasty. If I lived in the Jax area, this would be my spot!

Side note: the goodies are all self-serve, so go ahead and grab the best of the lot. :)

• Visited July 2013
Middleburg, Florida
“Smooth, well flavored coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stopped at Bold Bean on a Sunday afternoon and ordered an iced coffee. It was very smooth and flavorful without a bitter taste. We will definitely be back when we have time to sit and enjoy a more complex cup of coffee.

• Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best coffee in Jax!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

No need to go anywhere else. Bold Bean is the best coffee in Jacksonville. We drive from the Intercoastal area just for a cup of coffee. So smooth and the add-in flavors are unique. Don't be scared to try some curry in your latte, it's amazing!! The kids really enjoy the steamed milk with vanilla, chocolate, or honey. The flourless cookies are pretty damn good too! Chocolate or Peanut Butter, try either one your mouth will thank you.

• Visited May 2013
Jacksonville
“Best Coffee By FAR!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Starbucks doesn't even compare to this coffee shop. I'm a coffee snob and so far this is the best cup of joe I've found in my entire life. I love french press coffee but they have a lot of other ways to brew as well.
The only down-side is I'm used to the Grande & Venti sized beverages at the Starbucks and the portion sizes for to go options are a bit small. However, I'll take small due to the superb quality of the beverage. Even the drip coffee is amazing.

• Visited February 2013