“terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Jacksonville

Knights Inn Jacksonville
You added Knights Inn Jacksonville to your Saves list
Knights Inn Jacksonville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   460 Lane Avenue South, Lane Ave and Stuart Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32254   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #102 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I put my daughter and son in law with 3 small children in this hotel. We paid for a double bed occupancy and at the time of check in was told I would have to pay an additional $10.00 for the extra person and $15.00 dollars for a roll away bed. They left my son in law to get the bed himself which would have been fine if they hadn’t put them on a second floor room with no elevator. The real problem started when I found an additional charge for $25.00 dollars for one night with an extra person and then another additional charge for $60.00 dollars for the second night of one additional person. When I called and tried to get an explanation from the hotel for the additional $60.00 I was told to call my credit card company and refuse to pay it. I had to argue with the management that they needed to credit my card and even though that is what was done in the long run I was charge $35.00 instead of $25.00. I found the employees to be VERY rude and management was even worse. There are far too many other options in hotels in that area to go through all of this. I will NEVER use this hotel again. And my daughter had to argue with them to get an extra towel and and extra soap even though we paid for an extra person.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
geneva, al
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Had a hard time getting the wyndam rewards I had earned. Had to call them several times after checking out to get it taken care of and they became very angry on the phone. started yelling on phone about it. They also had a very poor breakfast of 1 danish and 3 muffins for all the guests. Went to the nearby sandwhich shop for breakfast instead and that place was alright. Also had to borrow a small heater because the heat in the room did not work. Lots of other motels around this one. Do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I drove from Virginia Beach, Va to Jacksonville to attend a PBR event. My room was quiet but it had a bad odor, which was somewhat tolerable. I was charged for one night in March, and the staff did an investigation, and credited my charge card for one night since I wasn't in Jacksonville in March. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I will stay at this motel again, providing I was put in a room that didn't have a bad odor.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Duluth, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

Stayed here for several days while in the area for business. Room was nice (good to have micro/fridge), and wireless Internet worked great. Breakfast was the usual continental fare, but was nicely presented and adequate. Covenient access to I-10 and I-295, as well as local restuarants and stores. I would agree with some of the other posters that the area is a little sketchy, but I had no problems and was satisified with my stay.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

The motel is the nicest one in the area. (Keep reading) It's clean and there is a fridge and microwave. The staff was very nice and the housekeepers very quiet while they moved from room-to-room.

Okay, with that being said, the motel being the nicest in the area doesn't necessarily mean that it's an area you want to visit! Frankly, it was a little scary.

I could go on about the depressing way people live and their choices in life, but I'm not going to judge anyone. I just don't understand why I passed a few people walking down the street carrying 12 packs of beer they purchased at 9:00 in the morning.

I also don't understand why a convenience store (the one south of the overpass of Interstate 10 with the yellow logo) would not notice the hooker soliciting on their property. I watched the whole thing as I was pumping gas. ( If you see a guy in a bright royal blue Scion with graphics on the side who is in his mid-20's with dark hair, ask him how his hooker was.)

If you need a place to rest your weary head, it's clean here but that's about it. Just make sure you lock your car.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Port,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was convient and nice place to stay. The Hotel is right off of Highway 10 right outside of downtown Jacksonville. But it was in a decent area with lots of close resturants within a mile. We had a mircowave and refridegator and the frezzer even had a spot for you to have ice to stay frozen! Making it a great place to stay if you were staying more than one night. ALso, they had free contenitnnal breakfast and it was actually good! THey had fresh blue berry muffins and Bannana nut bread, Beagals, cearls, and toast. And surprisinly the bed was actually soft!!! A nice big king size plus table and chairs and the price was only 65 a night! I would defentily recommened and return to this hotel!

• Liked — The mircowave and refrideators are the first thing I look for in a hotel
  • Disliked — Some of the maids werent very nice
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2004

I had to go pick up my frightened parents from this place because they have hoodlums running around banging on doors and harassing the guests all night. The management refused a refund and we checked out.

Been to Knights Inn Jacksonville? Share your experiences!