“"Off the charts" friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Airport Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #38 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Toronto, Canada
“"Off the charts" friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very convenient to the airport but there is NOTHING at all around there to eat but very friendly staff with lots of ideas and a free shuttle to take you to the mall/food spots.

I ate at Boston's

Shuttle picked me up at the airport within minutes of me calling

Room Tip: I asked for a nice quiet room and they were very accommodating
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Stevensville, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you're interested in staying at this location, make sure that you get all of your shots first.

Currently sitting in my whirlpool "suite" at the Wyndham, after having been up since 5 a.m. this morning, writing this little review for you Yelpers. Am in Jacksonville for a cruise out of Jaxport, and stayed at the Travelodge the night before our cruise left, and am staying at Wingate tonight before our flight leaves tomorrow morning.

Got in, went to the bathroom, noticed dirty smudges/stains of some sort. I grabbed a hand towel, dampened it with water, and tried to wipe said stain away. Stain came off easily, but there was still a lot more, so I stopped and looked in the tub. I was greeted with a pubic hair (of unknown origin).

Called front desk and they sent someone up to clean the stain and hair.

Fine.

Went to go bathe, turned on the jets, and fiddled around with the nozzles until all the water started flowing properly. A red piece of thread came out, along with a few more hairs? WTF?

Whatever. It's been a long day, so I just veg out on the couch. About 15 minutes ago, I started getting ready for bed. Went to put my stuff on the nightstand, and felt something under my right toe when I faced the bed. I bent down to find out what it was, and that's when I noticed an oblong spot on the bed sheet. WhenI looked on the ground, I found something that looked like smashed tootsie rolls? Chocolate? I don't know. It was brown and sticky, but since it didn't stink, I think it's safe to assume that it is NOT poop.

SO, called the front desk, they said they'd give us new sheets, and would we like to go down stairs to pick them up or to have them brought to our room. Well, since we didn't want them dragging our bedding up several flights up stairs, we opted to go downstairs. We go downstairs, grab our sheets, come back up. WELL, you'd think that'd be simple enough, but hell, f------- no. THEY GAVE US A FULL (queen?)-SIZED BED SHEET FOR A KING-SIZED BED. Oh yeah, and we didn't get new comforters or blankets with that. BF pulled the sheets, mattress cover, and comforter off and guess what he found? MORE BEDDING WITH CHOCOLATE OR WHATEVER IT WAS STAINED ON THEM.

I opened up a closet and found some sheets and a comforter in a clear, zipped bag. Bag was missing a zipper, but we pulled it out and found some unstained blankets.

Pissed by now, he brought the bedding downstairs to show the desk people the stained bedding, and they called a while later to say that there were no more comforters in the hotel and that they could only find blankets. About 2 hours have elapsed since the first call, and now we're just so tired that we're going to throw blankets over everything and just PTFO.

Final thoughts for the night?

I stay in hotels so often that my five-year old niece thinks that I live in one. Motels on the south side of Chicago are 4-star places compared to this "hotel."

This is, by far, the most disgusting and unsanitary hotel room I've ever come across in my whole entire life.

For a room that cost $110 a night in Jacksonville, this is completely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Room would be a 3 or 4 if it were clean. Make sure you wipe everything down with a lysol wipe.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple