“Visiting family in military” 4 of 5 stars

Hospitality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7071 103rd Street, Jacksonville, FL 32210   |
Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Visiting family in military”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great place to stay and great prices. They have a military discount for active duty military. Facility is older but well maintained. Rooms are a nice size with kitchenettes in each room. Free breakfast each morning and fresh made popcorn each night (even if you don't eat itit smells great when you walk in). Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again if in the area!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zephyrhills, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks, it was good, but nothing special. I was pleased and unpleased with my stay. It was noisy at times, the staff was somewhat helpful with any issues that occured. The rooms were older, but decent. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and well stocked with towels and soap.
The breakfast in the morning was good, offered a decent selection of items. Grits were offered everyday except Wednesdays and Saturdays they offer Biscuits and Gravy.
I might stay there again in the future if I could get a room that isn't noisy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kathleen, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 months while he was being treated at the Mayo Clinic. Although it was about a 20 minute drive from the hospital we choose to stay here because it was quiet and the owners live on-site. The rates are reasonable, the rooms are large and have apartment size refrigerator, microwave and dishes. They serve free breakfast and have a good selection of items. They have a very stable experienced staff and everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home. We loved it and plan to visit again in the future.

Room Tip: We were in a handicapped room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I checked in at the Hospitality Inn for a funeral in town. I after heading to the ceremony I came back after dark and quickly realized this was not the place for me. The inside of the room was spacious and the place was clean. I liked that the room had a full size fridge and a nice chair to sit in. However the location was in appealing to say the least. It is right off of the interstate, which wouldn't necessarily be bad, except for this exit is a major street with lots of small stores like gas stations and package stores. The area seems to draw undesirables. The hotel parking lot is located next to a gas station and you must go through the station to enter the parking lot for the hotel. I gave it 3 stars because the property is nice, but the 2 stars reduction is for the location. I would suggest you move on down the road. I found another hotel 2 exits away that felt much safer.

As a side note, Hotels.com booked me. They attempted to get me out without a fee, however, the hotel owner decided he would not let me out of my booking until I came to talk to him in person. I left feeling brow beaten and was unable to get a refund from him. It was well worth paying for the same night at another hotel to get out of there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The room appeared to be nice and clean. The room was very big for two people at a cheap rate. It had a regular size fridge, microwave, and toaster oven. Basically, it would be a great place to stay for an extended time. However, both the beds had hair all over the pillows. There was a nasty substance on one of the blankets that looked fresh. It was so gross I took all the sheet off and asked for new sheets. However, security only gave me sheets and not blankets. I did not leave the hotel because I checked in at 1:00 am and I was tired. So I dealt with it. It was obvious that the housekeeper did not change the sheets. This for me is very disgusting. I will never go to this place again. Oh yeah, I took a bath the next morning just so I could feel clean when leaving.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I staying here in this Inn and enjoying it. Its a home away from home with good food, peace of mind, and enjoy the company of new friends. Rate is acceptable with decent breakfast, lot of parking space and above all the service couldn't be better. They all deserve to be praised. I am suppose to have moved last month but dont like to move. security is tight and feel free to hang around even in the nights. I would definitely suggest to look at this place first and experience the difference. Stayed in motels across the country and this first time honestly i dont have a complaint. After work, I really come here for a complete rest and i do. Why not give it a try when you are in Jacksonville, Florida or stop by for a night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I don't know what people expect for their money, because this place sure delivers. I got an online rate so cheap I was afraid to take it, but am glad I did. I always like to try out a non chain place to stay, & this time it was well worth it. It was only for one night, but they said they would honor that rate if I decided to stay another night. The rooms are a bit dated, but everything is very clean. I had a porch, but it faced the pool area - nonsmoking. Just ask for it. If they have one available, they'll accomodate you. As to where the coffee mugs are - in the kitchen cabinets, where they belong, with a bunch of other dishes, silverware, etc. Nice floor plan with a nifty kitchen area. Big fridge, toaster oven, micro, counter space. They make up these baggies of coffee with real half&half & sugar, & they give you enough to get through the morning. Just ask at the desk. I thought it was a nice touch, & a throwback to a more personal mom & pop type experience, as is the free evening popcorn. Lots of TV channels, including HBO. I loved the huge screened porch. It's nicer than the pictures. Lots of room & rockers, & a perfect place to sit out a storm. The swimming pool was also very clean, & felt like bathwater. Not sure if they heat it, or just because it's in the 90's now, but I could'nt believe I had the whole thing to myself. There were some people outside lounging about & talking, but they kept it down, & I didn't hear any kind of commotion. There's an all night gas station next door, but it didn't bother my sleep any, either. The wifi is only in the lobby, but they'll give you a cable for your laptop in the room, and mine worked fine. I was able to watch netflix on it, and it's a pretty long cable, so it reached my bed. The bed was about the only thing some might not like, but it was freshly made, & I checked the mattress thoroughly - which I always do no matter where I stay - & there was no sign at all of bedbugs or other critters. It was a pretty firm mattress, though, and some like that, some don't... it'd also be nicer if WiFi was in all the rooms, & the TVs were all flatscreen, but it would mean higher rates, and for the value it offers, I think this is the best deal in town.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner room in non smoking.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!