“I STAYED ANYWAY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Quincy, Florida
“I STAYED ANYWAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here because of the way the hotel was represented on the internet. If you get smoking rooms, BEWARE!! Those rooms look a hot mess. I wasn’t aware that I chose a smoking room because I don’t smoke. However, I decided to leave but the Inn Keepers did all they could do to make me stay. I ended up getting another room “inside” the Inn. It was a lot nicer. The hotel is old but well kept. For the price, it’s a good deal and the staff is very nice. JUST DO NOT GET SMOKING ROOMS!!

Room Tip: Do not get smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We paid $50 for the night and it was worth about that. The rooms are very old. The bed is hard, the TV is old and the lighting is poor. There are 2 entrances to the rooms. One leads outside to a little porch and the parking lot and the other door leads to the hotel hallway (kind of like a traditional hotel room). We stayed across the hall from a family who had children and they were very LOUD. Every time they opened or closed their door, we heard it. You can hear EVERYTHING!! If you are looking for a quiet place to stay, this is not it.

The rooms were clean, but could have been cleaner. The kitchenette is a nice touch, but I didn't even see a coffee mug next to the coffee maker! That was weird.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
norwalk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

our family stayed her for 3 niights. Staff very nice. The Inn needs up dated badly..
If that would happen it would be a great lace to stay. Beds are very old and hard.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Miller, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

These special Inn Keepers, Jane and Tom Miller, are personally involved in the daily operation of their Inn and their guests. The staff also takes personal 'ownership' in the cleanliness of the Inn, the grounds, parking area, landscaping. For me personally, Hospitality Inn has the ambience and comparable experience of a bed and breakfast at a far more affordable cost. The Inn also offers small conference/meeting room; huge dining/family room space for wedding receptions or family reunions; outdoor veranda and gazebo. A computer in the Lobby is available for those who are not traveling with laptop. (Jane personally changed the empty ink cartridge so I could print my boarding pass). The location off 295 South & 103rd is primo. Tammy guided me to a huge shopping mall and restaurants one exit south on Blanding. I love Dillards!
When I return to Jacksonville, and I will, the Hospitality Inn will be my home base for a week. It is clean and well cared for, truly a gem! I liked the fact that one can turn the a/c off and open the window for cooler night air. The kitchenette with frig, sink, and microwave is a plus.
When I arrived on Monday evening, Jane was wearing her apron & standing at the stove preparing the monthly community dinner scheduled for Wednesday and we engaged in conversation--just like my Mom and I did many years ago. Jane suggested an outing at the Little Talbot State Park beach. I knew immediately I had discovered "home away from home".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I selected this motel from a map based on its closeness to where I needed to pick up my new motorcycle in Jacksonville. The rate was very inexpensive, but how bad could it be? To my surprise, it was a very nice place to be. The Anerican owner and his wife were active in the daily management. It was very clean. My "single" room was huge, with a full size sofa, side chair, lamp table, desk, bed, and a kitchenn with a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven and sink. The free "full" breakfast was outstanding compared to most. They had ethernet rather than wi-fi, but brought me a wireless router to my room since I did not have an ethernet cable. Optional entrance from hallway or parking lot.

Room Tip: All ground level. Tell them what you want when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This place looks like a nursing home converted into a motel. But don't let that fool you. The large rooms have king beds, sofa, fridge, electric broiler, and dishes. There's a wall desk big enough for spreading out blueprints or other documents, and wireless to do email. You could hold a meeting in your room, but they also have a conference room available. The staff hosts a central breakfast bar with toaster waffles, bagels, grits, boiled eggs and more. The lady overseeing the breakfast is very friendly and shared her secret for making really great grits even a Northerner would rave over. There's also a gas station right next door, with quick access to I-295. After reading all the reviews, we took a chance. We are glad we did.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of February. The price was great and the place was clean. The room had 2 double beds, a kitchenette ( microwave, toaster oven, almost full size fridge whch was very handy, as well as dishes and utensils) The breakfast was nice and every day they had bagels, waffles, toast, oatmeal, a few varieties of cereal, fruit, orange juice and coffee. They had 3 other choices that changed daily: grits, muffins, and our fave biscuits and gravy. The lady who worked the breakfast area was so friendly and a nice smiling face to greet us every morning. She even helped my youngest (2 yrs old) with his breakfast of oatmeal. The rest of the staff who we saw in the mornings all seemed so friendly- gotta love that southern hospitality! The only things I would change would be softer pillows, and the beds were hard. Other than that it was a nice clean place........and I wouldn't have a problem recommending it to a friend. This is no Ritz, but if you are looking for clean, friendly and in a good location you have hit the right place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!