“The place to stay for a Mayo Clinic visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4791 Windsor Commons Court, Jacksonville, FL 32224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Port Orange, Florida
“The place to stay for a Mayo Clinic visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have stayed at this hotel several times for visits to the Mayo Clinic. It's the best room rate in the area they discount to Mayo Patients. The value is definitely there. The beds are great, very comfortable..plenty of extra pillows, the little fridge and microwave are a plus... 15 minutes from 20 different restaurants and The St John's Town Center, largest Movie theatre in the area...short drive to the beach..lots of things to do to take your mind off the Mayo visit...the breakfast is great....some of the staff seems a little under-trained but all are polite and they keep the Hotel clean..maid staff is excellent...it was my pleasure to tip the maid..something I don't always do...

Room Tip: Make a reservation ASAP....Mayo visits can increase the demand for rooms..
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I originally booked a room at the Hampton Inn Ponte Vedra but due to The Players Cup golf tournament, I was moved to this hotel. Overall I am very pleased with this facility. The rooms are very clean and the entire staff was very friendly. In addition to being clean the rooms were very quiet, even with a major highway seemingly right outside my window.The location is nice with a few dining and shopping choices within walking distance. The breakfast was more than adequate with what you'd expect from a hotel such as this.

I'll point out a few of my own personal quirks that the rest of you may not care about. The fitness center is very small. It contains only 2 moderate quality treadmills, 1 recumbent bike and 1 elliptical that feels as though it's about to fall apart. A small set of dumbbells would be a great improvement. The hallway on the 4th floor wasn't vacuumed from at least Sunday evening when I arrived, through Wednesday since everyday I walked to the elevators I could see the same pile of crumbs outside of two particular rooms. At some point on Wednesday they had been cleaned. Perhaps its just hotel policy to only vacuum once or twice a week. What bothered me the most (again this may just be me) is that upon my arrival on Sunday, I could not find a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign for my door. I asked the front desk for one or, at the very least to please leave a note for housekeeping that I did not require their services for my weeks stay. The front desk attendant stated he would leave a note in the book. While this worked most of the week, I found that my last two nights stay had housekeeping coming into my room. I certainly don't have anything to hide and many would find this trivial but I'm a private person and it's just something I prefer not to have. When a guest makes a request, every effort should be made to accommodate that request. The bottom line (and I suppose that's what you all are looking for) is that I would absolutely stay at this hotel again if I were in the area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for three weeks while going to the Mayo clinic. I have stayed at several in the past; however, the service that I received at this location far surpassed the rest. The manager, Sharon displayed exceptional customer service. She went out of her way to help me out with extraneous details about my room. She ensured each of my needs were expeditiously met. And each day she greeted me with a smile and always asked if there was anything she could do to make my stay more pleasant. She truly made me feel like family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will return here, should I be back in this area. The hotel was extremely clean and the breakfast was great. I was overly pleased with my stay and will return.

Room Tip: Only 3 miles from the Mayo Clinic
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dawson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome Hotel. Very clean and the Breakfast was excellent. My only complaint is the sitting Area outside needs to be Expanded there were only two Chairs and one table.
One of the employees at the front desk was on the phone discussing her pay which I found very unprofessional. I stood there five minutes waiting for her to acknowledge I was there. She was saying the hotel did not pay her for seven hours and that her checking account was overdrawn..THAT WAS NOT MY BUSINESS AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS..99% OF THE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT....ONE BAD APPLE....

Vero Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and my son and I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Mayo Clinic. This hotel is only a mile away from Mayo and is next door to a small shopping plaza, which includes a Publix market, Ruby Tuesdays and Starbucks. It is in an uncongested middle income professional/residential area. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and attractive. The front desk staff and general manager are very friendly and accomodating. It is a tremendous improvement over the predecessor hotel at this location, Wingate.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this Hotel on the evening of Friday, April 3, 2015, on our way to our cruise in Port Canaveral, Florida. We arrived late (ll:00 pm). We were given Room 119 (Ground Floor), behind the front desk area. The Hotel was full, but quiet. This Hotel is located on practically the grounds of a small strip Mall of stores (Publix, Ruby Tuesdays, etc.).

The Hotel looked clean until we got in our room and found dust, dirty carpet with some reddish color stains, soiled Box Spring on Bed, and in the Bathroom behind the toilet old urine, dirt, hair, and up near the bathroom ceiling, peeling wall paper and water stains, and rusty hardware on Bathroom appliance. We also had a live giant sized bug that looked like an Ant crawling in the room.

The Breakfast looked okay, and was well stocked, with both hot and cold items. I did not eat too much of the breakfast, but I did have a small muffin and apple juice. The seating in the Breakfast area is adequate and seemed clean.

The Front desk, when we checked out, was not friendly. We handed in our door keys and they did not ask us anything about our stay or greet us or wish us a good day, but only said: "you are all set".

Overall, our room had a personal safe, which was a nice feature, as well as, mini microwave, mini refrigerator, nice size flat screen TV, and the beds were comfortable.

The Hotel also has a small laundry room, small fitness room, a nice size indoor pool, small business center, and a small snack food counter.

You can tell that in the beginning this was a really nice Hotel, but with the lack of property maintenance, cleaning habits, and inattentive customer service, this Hotel is somewhat on its way downhill in good overall ratings. I would not stay at this Hotel again if in this area of Jacksonville, Florida, rather I would search for a better Hotel to stay in. I took many photos so be sure to see them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located on the Ground Floor, where there is more traffic in the morning f...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear DeoniaNeveu,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the breakfast, room and amenities.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding front desk service, room cleanliness, carpet condition and the bathroom condition. We will address these concerns. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

The hotel is nice and clean. We decided to stay here because it was close to the beach and close to shopping & restaurants. Great location. Our room was clean and ready when we checked in. Breakfast was good every morning. Only thing with breakfast was the bacon was dripping with grease and was messy, other than that it was a good breakfast. We called to down to front desk and requested clean towels one evening, but never received any. Had to stop a maid the next day and get some from her. Overall a nice place to stay. We would recommend!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

Address: 4791 Windsor Commons Court, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Jacksonville
#18 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
#19 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#40 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate Jacksonville

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.