“Excellent customer service and clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4791 Windsor Commons Court, Jacksonville, FL 32224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent customer service and clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for three weeks while going to the Mayo clinic. I have stayed at several in the past; however, the service that I received at this location far surpassed the rest. The manager, Sharon displayed exceptional customer service. She went out of her way to help me out with extraneous details about my room. She ensured each of my needs were expeditiously met. And each day she greeted me with a smile and always asked if there was anything she could do to make my stay more pleasant. She truly made me feel like family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will return here, should I be back in this area. The hotel was extremely clean and the breakfast was great. I was overly pleased with my stay and will return.

Room Tip: Only 3 miles from the Mayo Clinic
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dawson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Awesome Hotel. Very clean and the Breakfast was excellent. My only complaint is the sitting Area outside needs to be Expanded there were only two Chairs and one table.
One of the employees at the front desk was on the phone discussing her pay which I found very unprofessional. I stood there five minutes waiting for her to acknowledge I was there. She was saying the hotel did not pay her for seven hours and that her checking account was overdrawn..THAT WAS NOT MY BUSINESS AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS..99% OF THE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT....ONE BAD APPLE....

Vero Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and my son and I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Mayo Clinic. This hotel is only a mile away from Mayo and is next door to a small shopping plaza, which includes a Publix market, Ruby Tuesdays and Starbucks. It is in an uncongested middle income professional/residential area. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and attractive. The front desk staff and general manager are very friendly and accomodating. It is a tremendous improvement over the predecessor hotel at this location, Wingate.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this Hotel on the evening of Friday, April 3, 2015, on our way to our cruise in Port Canaveral, Florida. We arrived late (ll:00 pm). We were given Room 119 (Ground Floor), behind the front desk area. The Hotel was full, but quiet. This Hotel is located on practically the grounds of a small strip Mall of stores (Publix, Ruby Tuesdays, etc.).

The Hotel looked clean until we got in our room and found dust, dirty carpet with some reddish color stains, soiled Box Spring on Bed, and in the Bathroom behind the toilet old urine, dirt, hair, and up near the bathroom ceiling, peeling wall paper and water stains, and rusty hardware on Bathroom appliance. We also had a live giant sized bug that looked like an Ant crawling in the room.

The Breakfast looked okay, and was well stocked, with both hot and cold items. I did not eat too much of the breakfast, but I did have a small muffin and apple juice. The seating in the Breakfast area is adequate and seemed clean.

The Front desk, when we checked out, was not friendly. We handed in our door keys and they did not ask us anything about our stay or greet us or wish us a good day, but only said: "you are all set".

Overall, our room had a personal safe, which was a nice feature, as well as, mini microwave, mini refrigerator, nice size flat screen TV, and the beds were comfortable.

The Hotel also has a small laundry room, small fitness room, a nice size indoor pool, small business center, and a small snack food counter.

You can tell that in the beginning this was a really nice Hotel, but with the lack of property maintenance, cleaning habits, and inattentive customer service, this Hotel is somewhat on its way downhill in good overall ratings. I would not stay at this Hotel again if in this area of Jacksonville, Florida, rather I would search for a better Hotel to stay in. I took many photos so be sure to see them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located on the Ground Floor, where there is more traffic in the morning f...
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is nice and clean. We decided to stay here because it was close to the beach and close to shopping & restaurants. Great location. Our room was clean and ready when we checked in. Breakfast was good every morning. Only thing with breakfast was the bacon was dripping with grease and was messy, other than that it was a good breakfast. We called to down to front desk and requested clean towels one evening, but never received any. Had to stop a maid the next day and get some from her. Overall a nice place to stay. We would recommend!

Benton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express which is conveniently located to a Publix (within walking distance) and lots of eateries. The hotel is clean, well-maintained and feels very safe. Our king suite was spacious and well-lit. It had a quiet fridge, microwave, coffee service and in-room safe. There is also a small sofa. The bed was a little firmer than I prefer, but some would love it. The bathroom is a one-person area: no brushing teeth with anyone else although the vanity area is large with a shelf below for personal items. The water at this hotel is very soft! Our room was the first off the elevator, and we were not bothered by noise.

The breakfast area has seating for many guests, and the breakfast is what you normally expect to find. The fare ranges from dry cereal to hot items which the hostess was continually restocking. She was never out of view for long and was attentive to the needs of anyone requesting help. The area was clean, attractive and bright.

There is a indoor/outdoor pool as well as a hot tub. Both appeared clean. There is seating for a few guests in this area.

We found the desk personnel helpful and pleasant. Matt seemed ever-present and ready to serve. If in this area again, we would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed one night on our way to Alabama. Front desk was awesome, booked the room on the road and spoke to Sharon who could not have been nicer.
On arrival Sharon checked us in and was extremely professional and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

Address: 4791 Windsor Commons Court, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Jacksonville
#18 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#30 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
#36 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate Jacksonville

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.