“Excellent overnight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4791 Windsor Commons Court, Jacksonville, FL 32224   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Excellent overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had been rebooked into this Holiday Inn Express by IHG due to my original booking in south Jacksonville being canceled. That location apparently had suffered flooding and was closing for renovations. Upon pulling into town at 5:30PM, I had a little bit of reservation when I found this hotel was actually at one end of a strip mall (a dead end). I was further concerned when I tried to check in and was told my 2 rooms would be on different floors, neither of which were on the high floor as I had requested, and which were confirmed a couple days earlier with Chris on the phone. Samantha explained that those rooms were not ready yet due to housekeeping delays. I was puzzled since check-in was 3PM, and it's now 2.5 hrs later... I politely asked if she might have those rooms ready if we went to dinner first and returned in about an hour. Samantha said that would be no problem. When we returned she had our keys ready, and we found that the rooms were next to each other even though she had earlier explained they probably would not be. Through the whole process Samantha was professional, courteous, and very willing to accomodate. I want to point this out to management because Samantha turned this experience from a potentially terrible one to a very pleasant one!

When we went to our rooms we found them to be very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast was the usual fare with hot and cold selections. The location of this hotel might be off-putting, but if you look beyond that you'll find this is well-maintained, comfortable, and well-run property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our choice of hotel for many Mayo Clinic visits. We refer to it as our "Home away from home". The hotel is exceptionally clean, very comfortable and management and staff are superb. It is so nice to walk in and be greeted by name, to see familiar faces and most importantly - to know that every aspect of our stay is consistent, way-above average and friendly. You will love the warm welcome (Thank you Karl), the great breakfast and the swimming pool is very inviting. We are never disappointed with our stay here. A special Thank You to this hotel for accommodating Mayo Clinic patients - by providing a free shuttle to/from the Clinic and a great rate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings and Salutations Chriszw165a,
on behalf of the team and myself, I would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving your feedback and kind words about your extended family here at the Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville SE-Med Ctr area. We truly pride ourselves on our unique approach to hospitality here. We want everyone to feel like this is truly a home away from home.. be it for a visit to the Mayo Clinic, jaunt to the beach or to hit the links at the PGA Sawgrass. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team at our upcoming team member engagement luncheon. Best to you and see you next time,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was clean and sufficient for all of our needs and the staff was excellent. Jonathon at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the review Roy, I will be sure to pass along your kind words of encouragement to our team and especially to Jonathan. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Safe journey to your next destination.

Best,
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were here while going to the Mayo clinic. As someone who stays in Hotels for a living, I can tell you that this is really the best I've ever stayed in. It appears that everyone who works here ACTUALLY does their job, which seems to be a bit of a novelty in this day in age. The room was immaculately clean, the breakfast in the morning is top notch, the pool is clean. The front desk attendants are very helpful and accommodating. I had a chance to speak briefly with the Manger while I was there, a gentleman named Chris, who is also very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone, and I'll be staying here when I return next month.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Greetings and Salutations John P.
On behalf of our team I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our philosophy here is to treat every one as a member of the family and to make sure they enjoy this as there home away from home. I am glad you were able to experience this first hand. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and services. We look very much forward to your next visit here in Jacksonville.

Yours in Hospitality,
Marianna, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable. I do have a couple complaints though. We had one of those hotel coupon books we picked up somewhere on the road and the hotel refused to honor the coupon because the desk clerk claimed they were 80% full. If they won't honor their own coupons, they should have themselves removed from the book. Also, we needed extra towels. The desk clerk said they were out of all towels so we couldn't all shower that night. I would consider staying again but next time I'll look into other options first.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi Kris10AP,
thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I am glad that you were able to enjoy a clean and comfortable room. I am sorry we seemed to have fallen short of some of your other expectations and this is not the norm for our team. The coupon rate is a special rate based upon availability. It has restrictions as listed on the coupon and I am sorry if this was not conveyed in a better manner. I hope that should you return to Jacksonville you may give us another go to come enjoy our North Florida Hospitality.

Best,
Taylors, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

After staying a few days in a substandard hotel in Pensacola my wife and I checked into Holiday Inn Express & Suite JAX SE Med. We were greeted with a smile at the desk and quickly checked into our room. The room was spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. The room had a pleasant fresh fragrance & was very quite. The linens were clean and fresh. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. The rooms were cleaned and straightened up daily by the friendly and professional maids.

In the morning we were treated to a very nice breakfast. The coffee was Hot, fresh & available thru out the day. There was sausage patties, biscuits, bacon, eggs, omelettes, hot danish, fresh fruit, yogurt & more at the breakfast bar. The food was good tasting and good quality.

The hotel has a large quiet computer room had two computers and a printer that I used on a few occasions.

As for location. We were 15 mins to downtown Jacksonville and less then 15 mins to Jacksonville Beach, dining and shopping,

My wife and I stayed from Sat afternoon till Tuesday morning and didnt have a complaint. At this price point. This may have been the best hotel we've stayed in to date. We were very pleased.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Greetings Donna K,
Thanks so much for the rave review. I will be sure to share it with our team at our next employee gathering. We strive very hard to provide great service while sticking to our core of Engaging Efficiency as a Holiday Inn Express.. Our goal is to provide you with the basic needs to set you up for a great visit while staying with us. We very much look forward to your next visit in Jacksonville.
Yours in Hospitality
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The wife and I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend which also doubled as our anniversary getaway. The hotel is right off of 202 (Butler Blvd), so it is literally minutes away from Jacksonville beaches and from 1-95/295. The hotel boasts a continental breakfast with many choices, but the seating can be limited on a busy day...the food also seemed to run out quickly and people were standing around a lot. The pool (if you don't really want to go to to the beach) is indoor/outdoor and is very clean with plentiful towels. The room we stayed in (King Room) was perfectly sized with a sofa, min-fridge, and microwave. The views aren't all that great and it's right next to the highway so you'll get some road noise...that's the only reason it got "Very Good" versus "Excellent." Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mattmoss79, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear KBfam2011,
I would like to thank you for your kind words.Yes it is true we offer a lot of convenience for our guests looking to be near the beach and many other conveniences that Jacksonville has to offer. I look forward to sharing them with our staff during our next service meeting. We love to hear the feed back from our guest's as it allows us to continue to provide a high level of service to you our extended family (guests). We strive to make every stay an enjoyable one and look forward to your next visit to Jacksonville. Happy anniversary on behalf of myself and my team.

Yours in Hospitality,
Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area

Address: 4791 Windsor Commons Court, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Ranked #31 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate Jacksonville

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.