“Not a Good Motel 6” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 130 Hotels in Jacksonville
Rotonda West, Florida
“Not a Good Motel 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is the third Motel 6 of our trip and the only one that was unsatisfactory. It is lower quality than the others and more in need of updating. It was a small room (but big enough for two), had a strange (although relatively new) shower, uncomfortable beds, a microwave which would not operate while plugged into the multi-outlet strip with the mini fridge, and a resident cockroach (who probably had relatives nearby). There were, however, no unpleasant odors or carpet stains.
In spite of these comments I wouldn't have rated it Poor except than with Trip Advisor the rating just below average is.........Poor. And, since this was clearly below average I had no choice. If there was a choice of Fair, I would have chosen that.
Unlike some other reviewers I wouldn't suggest that you not consider this motel, just be prepared for a below average experience even for a budget motel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The rooms smell bad and the carpets are stained all over. They did install cameras all over so that is a plus. Staff is subpar. The comforters need to all be replaced. The Motel 6's in Jacksonville all seem to have issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Patrick7819, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Boone, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Or so it seemed, as two were hanging around the front lobby waiting for "someone" to arrive. We think the place is a front for this sort of business as the rooms are unbelievable cheap. We wanted a nonsmoking room, and the sign on the front of the door said it was nonsmoking, but the ashtray on the bedstand was reinforced by the smell of the room.

Noise all night and it sounded like someone was unwrapping a syringe then shooting up as you heard the wrapper then the snap of the rubber thing they put around their arms.

They do take pets, so you might want to bring your guard dog :o)

Room Tip: Stay away if at all possible. Otherwise if you are looking for a super cheap place to sleep, tis is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Where do I begin. Well I am here for work so I figured a cheap place would suffice. $29.99 was good I thought and its motel 6 well known right. Ok I am a non-smoker, I am allergic to cigarette smoke, as soon as I walked in the room I was greeted by it. The carpet is really dirty and the bed linen has cigarette burns and white stains, I am trying my best not to think about it as I type but good lord its disgusting. I think I will be out of here tomorrow, even though I don't leave until Tuesday, I would rather pay a higher rate than stay here and suffer from morning headaches because of the smell. DO NOT STAY HERE. The customer service rep was friendly so that was good, location to NAS JAX great, eateries are plentiful that's about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This place is disgusting, dirty carpet, that we didnt want to walk on, broken items, cigarette burns in bed sheets, non-smoking room which stank of smoke. Most depressing night of our trip. Also felt very unsafe. Not worth the cheap rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Do not make reservations to stay here. They WILL cancel them and give your room to someone else and then after your've driven 6 or more hours and arrive they'll be RUDE about it. THey don't even care.
They told me THEY DO NOT HAVE TO HONOR ON LINE RESERVATIONS SO DO NOT BOTHER.
Go to the Red Roof Inn across the parking lot it is the same price and has a friendly staff and more ammenities.

Room Tip: Tip Do not book here go any where else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Yesterday we made the unfortunate mistake of staying at the hotel 6 Jacksonville and I can safely say that I would never ever stay here ever again. We had been traveling for 16 hours with 3 cranky kids and thought it would be an ok option considering we just wanted a clean bed and a shower. NOT so. Our non smoking room firstly stunk of smoke with an ash tray siting in the middle of the beds. The bedding on one bed had so many cigarette burns that I am surprised it still stayed together the other one had no blankets at all. Needless to say we didnt even us the bedding but slept with the heating on. Did i mention the pillows that were an inch thick, the towels that were firstly grey almost see through and the fact that there were only 2 for 4 people? Also no toilet paper and it didn't flush, no soap, shampoo, garbage bin and anything else one would expect to find in a hotel room. Also we were awoken by 2 random phone calls at 1 am and then again at 230 am. My husband spent part of the night checking on the car, on a good note our kids slept and at 430am we were up an out of there. I spent most of today washing all our stuff in hot water and scrubbing ourselves. Just thinking about it is giving me the hebe gebes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!