“Good lunch spot ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Diner, Contemporary
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good lunch spot ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been here a few times and the staff is really friendly, the food also never disappoints. They have a great bread pudding.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I went into this restaurant having preconceived notions it would be very similar to Panera- good bread, average everything else. I was wrong. The basil Parmesan mahi sandwich was one of the best I've ever eaten. Huge,moist, flavorful mahi filet. Parmesan and basil was a shockingly good accompaniment. The tarter sauce was homemade and provided an incredible, unique taste. The greens were fresh as was the homemade ciabatta bun. Perfect. The side I choose was a spring salad which was ample, fresh and came with homemade ranch dressing and croutons. I work in the area and look forward to trying the rest of the menu

Tallahassee, Florida
“Food shines!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My family and I visited for a weekday lunch. The food was great and the service was good! Chicken pita was as good as I've had. A few things about the experience could have been better. It wasn't quite clear when entering from the mall side exactly what to do, where to go, or order, whether to seat yourself, etc. Also the bathrooms are out in the mall which was inconvenient. This location at The Landing is a bit depressing and I grant that isn't necessarily the restaurant's fault. I would like to return and try breakfast, but am wondering how much longer they'll last at this sad location.

Rochester NY
“The place to go for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Also lunch. The food is very fresh and well prepared. Ror breakfast I highly recommend the banana pecan French toast. For lunch I love the curried chicken on greens. Atmosphere is cute and cozy. The outside may be a bit off putting for some - it is in an industrial building - but I found it enjoyably funky.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeBary
“Ideal Breakfast Southside Jax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family and I were in town for a wedding and wanted to share Sunday brunch before heading our separate ways. I found Village Bread Cafe on a list of brunch places and we couldn't have been happier. Three of us ordered the Nova lox and bagel which is $8.75. Although we commonly order this at other restaurants, none of us had ever had it presented so lavishly, esp. for this price. Fresh bagel of your choice, cream cheese, fresh generous portion of lox, 2 tomato slices, onion slices, spring mix, capers, 6 or 7 Greek olives and a variety of fresh fruit. It was fantastic. My husband had pecan pancakes and eggs which he said were good. Servers were friendly and courteous. Perfect breakfast.

• Visited October 2013