“Back to Cali!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Orange Park, Florida
“Back to Cali!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm a (not so) recent transplant here in Jax from LA and seriously miss good old fashioned "cali style" mexican cooking. La Nopaler which is popular here in Jax is no substitute. I finally found a restaurant worthy of my Cali taste buds. If you want good food at great prices with excellent customer service, go to Tequila's! I want this restaurant to get so busy that they won't shut their doors. I recommend the chile relleno, it's better than my favorite in LA. I've tried several dishes and can vouch for the following. Mexican tacos, carnitas, carne asada, taquitos, shrimp enchiladas! I've as yet had to order a dish that I did not like. Enjoy and I hope we can keep this restaurant in business for a long, long time or until I can get back to LA.

• Visited February 2013

Polk City, Florida
“Wow - Another Really Great Restaurant in Jacksonville Florida!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Okay, last month we took Trip Advisor's advice and visited Tacolu Mexican Restaurant in Jacksonville, FL and it was delish. This month for our visit to Jacksonville, FL we took Trip Advisor's advice and visited Tequila's Mexican s Restaurant....this is a tough one....Tequila's is excellent too! My husband and I had major important discussion about which one is better and we CAN NOT decide....both are excellent! We both agree the flavor at both restaurants is wonderful BUT....the portion size at Tequila's is MUCH better than Tacolu's. My husband barely got full for dinner at Tacolu's and I barely was full. The size portions at Tequilla's was huge AND delish. Tequila's was clean, pleasant and efficient service, smelled as good as the food tasted. Nice drink specials at Tequilla's too, ,much better drink prices than Tacolu's. ***My steak fajita was so good probably one of the best fajita I've ever had! So, all in all...we will definitely be back to Tequilla's....delish food, good portion sizes, very reasonably priced dinners AND good drink prices....what is not to love??? Stop by and enjoy for yourself!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Mexican Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently had a late lunch at Tequila's Mexican Restaurant and was pleasantly surprised to find a jewel. The employees were friendly and eager to please especially when I asked for the "really hot salsa they keep in the back". The food was amazing, the decor placed you back in a little cantina huddled among the shade trees; delightful mexican music played in the background while we feasted on terrific enchilladas, burritos and a fabulous chili relanos. We definitely will be back!

• Visited January 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Top-notch Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We live nearby and are thankful for it! Even though we arrived about an hour before closing on a Sunday, we received courteous and prompt service. Their salsa and chips were a tasty start. My fiancee ordered the vegetable burrito while I went with fish tacos (we are on a wedding diet, after all). The fish tacos were pretty good, but that vegetable burrito is what I'll be ordering on my next visit!

I'm confident that Tequila's will be our favored Mexican restaurant!

• Visited June 2012
“Best Chile Rellenos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am really picky about chile rellenos and often skeptical about ordering them, but this neighborhood Mexican restaurant delivers! Great prices - my husband enjoys the beef fajitas almost every time we go. Not as crazy about the margaritas - but they do have a good sangria!

• Visited March 2012