“Consistently good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Jacksonville, FL
“Consistently good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you go to the one on Racetrack Road, they have homemade specials every day, so be sure to ask them what's on special. Their meat is also better than other Bono's I've tried, but they are all consistently good. Their fried squash is so yummy, and their homemade Ranch dressing tops it off. Yes; major fattening, but every now and then it's a nice treat!

Visited December 2013

Northfield, Illinois
“Excellent barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was in Jacksonville on business and our hosts brought us here for lunch. It was terrific! I ordered the Bo-Hawg -- barbecued pork with cheese and sausage on top. Wow. Plenty of sandwich for the price, nicely smokey and very tasty. I only tried one of the sauces -- it was pretty mild but nice. The mac and cheese side was okay. Nice, large lemonade to wash it all down. Definitely recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“bono's bbq on san jose blvd. jac/fl”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was in the restaurant for less than 10 min. labor day week-end (sun) @2;45 pm

only one table had people dining. manager was heard telling my wife and I that he had a full staff and no patrons. We left after no one was available to take our order. manager followed us to car and inquired that we should have paid for the tea. REALLY? Manager was a jerk. I offered to pay for the #^^&@#$@ tea as he walked away. I had a gift certificate for $10 but if I ever use it, it will be a cold day in hell !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boca Raton, Florida
“Some of the BBQ in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great smoked meat. Really smoked, not the "oven baked" stuff that masquerades as BBQ. The portions are huge. The sides are genuine southern cooking at its best. Not a pretentious place at all, but just great for filling up on delicious food at reasonable prices. I only wish there was something like it were I reside.

Visited July 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Surprisingly great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had to find a place to eat while visiting a friend in a hospital nearby. Stopped here in a small strip mall and was VERY pleased! Three of us ordered their stacked pulled pork meal, two with collards and the third with fries. This was about the best pulled pork I have eaten and the portion was more than ample. Here it is properly roasted, served with a couple of great sauces and excellent cole slaw. Top this with a tasty bun and a side (we were more than happy with all of ours) and you have a great meal for just under $10. Our service was very friendly, courteous and fast. The next time I am in Jacksonville, I will be sure to stop here.

• Visited May 2013