“Asiatic cuisine superb” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
BANNER ELK
“Asiatic cuisine superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The striking value: superb assortment of food
Quality of cooking: average to slightly above average
Price: far above average
Ambience: average to above average

The name of the restaurant is misleading, since it is basically a Chinese buffet. But the assortment: crab legs, steamed clams, smoked fish, and the usual, though much more, allay of the standard dishes in a Chinese buffet. Service (clearing used plates) very good. Workers' attitude: above average. Cleanliness: above average
What will be the "bottom line": the superb assortment in a strikingly low price ($12.99) for including expensive dishes.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not bad for what you can get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Went there for lunch, and had an assortment of items from the buffet, which were hit and miss. All of it seemed fresh (albeit mass produced) and was kept to appropiate temp. Everything was pretty average.

I can't say there was anything super special about my experience. The service was typical of a buffet, the atmosphere was mundane, but you get way more than you pay for...

I'll go back next time I want to get stuffed on Chinese food for lunch and I'm in the area...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“NEVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I took my kids to the restaurant today to have dinner. We have never been there and will NEVER go back. The kids started serving themselves and I went to serve myself white rice when I scooped a spoon on to my plate I notice a ROACH in the rice; I thought I was going to throw up. I told the lady that cleaning around the buffet area, all this women did was remove the ROACH and mix the rice. The place dosen t even deserve one star...

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Incredible place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Atmosphere and view is beautiful - on a peaceful lake. The dessert bar was filled with fresh, chocolate cake, carrot cake, ice cream, and more. The shrimp was amazing, as well as the chicken, all spiced perfectly! There is a fresh sushi bar as well, with a sushi chef in attendance. The servers are good to excellent.

We have been there many times and intend on going there again and again. Thankfully, it's only with 10 minutes of my home. But I;d travel 30 minutes to get there if I had to.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I went to eat at this buffet with my boyfriend and my sister. We got our food and began to eat and the food was cold, there was no warmth to the food at all. My sister went to peel the shell on her shrimp and she stated, "It was like peeling the skin off an orange." My sweet and sour chicken was extremely hard that I had no choice but to spit it out on a napkin. I picked over the little food I had and decided enough was enough, we were ready to go. I sent my sister to talk to the manager to negotiate a price, we literally did not eat anything. An she said no I will not lower a price, so I went and talked to her. By this point I was heated and she had the nerve to tell me that she would go and microwave my food so it would be hot. Are you serious? Who does that? The food was not at proper temperature. The broccoli was so old it was like butter, it just melted in my mouth. (EWW)! So she snarled and told me, " I got your license plate just go I will call the police!" So I called for her and the police came and he agreed that we did not eat but a few bites and the food looked old and disgusting ... THIS IS WHAT THE COP STATED! All and all I did end up having to pay $26.46 for the worst food I have ever eaten in my life. I am writing this review to warn consumers about this disgusting place. I also will be contacting the BBB and all the local news stations regarding this matter. I will not stop until I receive a full refund for the money I lost at this place.

• Visited June 2012