“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I went to eat at this buffet with my boyfriend and my sister. We got our food and began to eat and the food was cold, there was no warmth to the food at all. My sister went to peel the shell on her shrimp and she stated, "It was like peeling the skin off an orange." My sweet and sour chicken was extremely hard that I had no choice but to spit it out on a napkin. I picked over the little food I had and decided enough was enough, we were ready to go. I sent my sister to talk to the manager to negotiate a price, we literally did not eat anything. An she said no I will not lower a price, so I went and talked to her. By this point I was heated and she had the nerve to tell me that she would go and microwave my food so it would be hot. Are you serious? Who does that? The food was not at proper temperature. The broccoli was so old it was like butter, it just melted in my mouth. (EWW)! So she snarled and told me, " I got your license plate just go I will call the police!" So I called for her and the police came and he agreed that we did not eat but a few bites and the food looked old and disgusting ... THIS IS WHAT THE COP STATED! All and all I did end up having to pay $26.46 for the worst food I have ever eaten in my life. I am writing this review to warn consumers about this disgusting place. I also will be contacting the BBB and all the local news stations regarding this matter. I will not stop until I receive a full refund for the money I lost at this place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Palatka, FL
“Terrific Buffet--the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great food, great cakes that you yourself slice, nice ambience, on a lake and has a nice outdoor covered patio area. A great deal--very reasonable price at lunchtime--only $6.99 and with $1.coupon--$5.99. Go to it now and eat!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville
“You get more than you pay for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

250 fresh items of asian/oriental entrees. Including made to order meals cooked on a grill with items you decide from shrimp to beef and 20 or more vegetable choices. I don't know how they make money. Fresh oysters on the half shell. Mussells, shrimps (large), ribs, chicken (fried, barbequed and etc.), ham, beef. Even a salad bar and some deserts. Basically if you enjoy the Chinnese/Japanese at most take outs you'll be satisfied beyond belief at a price of 7 for lunch and 9 for dinner. Liquid refreshments were constantly refilled. Oh I forgot to mention the sushi. Everything is freshly prepared. I don't know how they do it and stay in business except the place was very busy.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good Value, If you like crowds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Last month we dined at the Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet. This is a massive restaurant with many stations catering to very large crowds. There is something there for everyone, including shrimp, meat, other seafood, Mongolian BBQ, your typical Chinese, Japanese fare, desserts and much more. This is a very good value for money spent. On a scale of 100, I would rate the food at 70. If you like spicy you will love the Hot and Sour soup. The Mongolian BBQ was not the best. You can’t make your own sauce like similar restaurants. Furthermore, if someone breaks in line, the whole process will not work. It's a fact you will receive someone else’s dish. The problem is one BBQ chef who can’t keep up with the flow, even if no line break occurred. All considering, not bad for the price paid. To be fair, I do believe this location had just opened weeks before we ate there. Needless to say they might need some time to get the kinks out, or maybe they have. We will give them another try.

• Visited August 2011