“I'm a student staying here to go to school.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8300 Western Way, Jacksonville, FL 32256-0324 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Jacksonville - Baymeadows)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #94 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“I'm a student staying here to go to school.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I go to Tulsa Welding School and every since I got here thing have been fine for me.When I checked in the front desk did tell me about the 9pm rule of hanging out side. I didnt undserstand at first why untill I seen some other guest complain to the front desk there were a group of guys hanging out real late and she didnt feel comfortable and wanted to just check out. My room was fine and like I said I understand the reason why now about the 9pm rule of hanging out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm currently living here with my long time boyfriend, he attends Tulsa Welding school. It is awful. While there are a handful of roudy boys here from the school we are not included in that, we stay in our room, aren't loud, never disrespectful. Apparently I'm not allowed out past 9, I can't even go smoke a cigarette outside (They complain when we smoke in our rooms, even though we have a smoking room) Often times I don't even get off work until after 9, say I wanted to grill some chicken? Nope. Not allowed. Stay in your room. They threatened to call the cops if I didn't put out my cigarette and go inside, now I understand that they have to keep the place safe but I was just smoking a cigarette. What the hell? Most of the tenets here are Tulsa students, which is where their income comes from, they don't do anything for us, they don't clean our rooms, they don't give us towels or toilet paper, and that's fine, but when I pay 600+ a month for rent I expect not to be treated like I'm 15. I do not reccomend this hotel/motel for anyone. I haven't seen hookers, to my knowledge there hasn't been terrible fights, not since I've been here at least. So why are they being so terrible?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

charlotte, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Well they keep removing my reviews for publishing the truth about this place so I will just say that the other negative reviews are 100% correct. The convenient location cant make up for the other numerous problems this place suffers. I can tell you that nobody on the staff cares about your peace and security here, doors are slamming round the clock, the maintenance and housekeeping staff go in and out of rooms by dropping the slide latch then banging the doors over and over as they go in and out. I mean who does that? Complaints fall on deaf ears, the worst managed hotel property I have ever seen. Message me if you need more details.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am eager to respond to your concerns. We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We recognize that we have failed in that mission. We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. We are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotel(sm) other location throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Thank you again.
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Dangerous, frightening, horrible, filthy. I was chased by drunks in the parking lot. Solicited for sex in the halls. Given an already occupied room (TWICE). Finally given a room with a broken TV and no pillows that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. A filthy cigarette burned blanket was given to me to replace the pillows as the solo staff member on shift couldn't find any. I stayed half an hour and fled. DON'T EVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
East Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This place caters to the Tulsa Welding School students - a rough crowd of guys. Police were there 5 days a week due to fights, drunken brawls and drug dealing; really bad on weekends. No shortage of hookers at times as well. Dog crap everywhere outside and urine soaked carpets. Guests prop open the exterior doors all the time to let transients and non-residents in to get their party favors.

I stayed there over 1 month while looking for an apartment and had to leave suddenly when the students got drunk and threatened to beat me up on several occasions. WiFi doesn't work half the time.

Staff knows about the problems but refuses to do anything or kick out the troublemakers.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Room Tip: Best Room is NO Room !
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is filthy. As we walked down the hall to our room, the carpet is nasty. Stains galore! I have never stayed at a hotel where you had to take your dity towels to the front desk yourself to exchanged for new ones. When I did take them down, they then told me that they didn't have anymore clean towels at this time. Great value, but remember that you pay for what you get. I will never stay at a Hoestead Hotel or affiliate ever again. This place sucks!!! #onedissapointedcustomer

• Stayed June 2011
Bremerton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

We came to Jacksonville to attend "Shrimp Fest" on Alameda Island. This hotel was real well located near down town and the beaches. We liked that our room had a kitchenette so we could make breakfast in the morning, but watch out because making toast can set off the fire alarm in the room. There are also really good resturants nearby. Our favorites were Bono's BBQ, Gators and Chick a fila. It's not a posh hotel and the service was so so, but it had everything for a decent stay. The things I didn't like are that the bed was very hard, not enough pillows and there was a sleight musty smell.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows? Share your experiences!