My husband and I were on the way from NC to Daytona. We were tired just outside of Jacksonville, so we called Choice Hotels for a place to stay off of 95 in Jacksonville. They reserved us a king suite at Comfort Suites Baymeadows. The rate was cheap, under $100 a night, with another 10% for AAA. This on a Friday at the beginning of spring break week. The room was large and clean, nicely furnished and decorated. The living area/small kitchenette/bathroom were at the front of the room. The bed was on the other side of a dividing wall. This meant you could leave on the bathroom light without disturbing your sleep. There were plenty of receptacles for cell phones, computers, and other electronics. The kitchenette included a minifridge, sink, and microwave. The bed was a King and super comfortable, and they provided a ton of soft cushy pillows. The complimentary breakfast bar in the lobby had plenty of variety for a continental, and you could even have eggs. Location wise, it was good. All the amenities of town were close, traffic wasn't bad either. The only minor gripe I have is the internet connection - it was not very fast. Should be sufficient for email, not so much for streaming video and such.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Baymeadows, a Jacksonville hotel near Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville beachesConveniently located close to Jacksonville's businesses, the entertainment district and Jacksonville beaches, the Comfort Suites® Baymeadows is ideal for everyone. This Jacksonville, FL hotel provides easy access to Downtown Jacksonville, the Museum of Science and History, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Southpoint/JTB and Baymeadows Corporate Centers are close to this Florida hotel. The Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical South are located less than eight miles away.The University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus are less than 10 miles away. The Avenues mall and St. John's Town Center, which features more than 150 shops and services, are just three miles from the hotel. Several golf courses and historic St. Augustine are only 15 minutes away.Located on the banks of the St. John's River, Jacksonville Landing is home to a variety of unique shops, fine dining, trendy bars and nightclubs buzzing with excitement. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites