We were given the impression this facility catered to business travelers and therefore chose it over others since we had to make some internet contacts for scheduling arrival times. However their internet was not available during the evening of the check-in nor the following morning. Hotel staff couldn't even access it. Another person had to find a Starbucks in order to submit a required report to his home office. "I'll tell the manager when he comes in" was what I was told twice. Breakfast was a disaster. They ran out of sausage and eggs before the end of the breakfast period. They even ran out of their bold and regular coffee. Decaf was the only one available. The lady "servicing" the area was most unfriendly. The fitness center was closed due to remodeling and not available. One person at breakfast was complaining the restroom was even out of tissue.
The room was comfortable, but the elevator was as slow as molasses. The lights indicating the floor on one of the two elevators did not work.
I normally do not give negative reviews, but this one rubbed me the wrong way. Especially when the desk people could not do more than say "I'm sorry" nor make any token price adjustment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Baymeadows, a Jacksonville hotel near Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville beachesConveniently located close to Jacksonville's businesses, the entertainment district and Jacksonville beaches, the Comfort Suites® Baymeadows is ideal for everyone. This Jacksonville, FL hotel provides easy access to Downtown Jacksonville, the Museum of Science and History, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Southpoint/JTB and Baymeadows Corporate Centers are close to this Florida hotel. The Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical South are located less than eight miles away.The University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus are less than 10 miles away. The Avenues mall and St. John's Town Center, which features more than 150 shops and services, are just three miles from the hotel. Several golf courses and historic St. Augustine are only 15 minutes away.Located on the banks of the St. John's River, Jacksonville Landing is home to a variety of unique shops, fine dining, trendy bars and nightclubs buzzing with excitement. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Venere, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Suites Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites