First, a note on the location. This is out in the boonies. That works for me since I''ve only been to Jacksonville for a specific running event that starts nearby, but if you're coming for something downtown, keep in mind that you're a good 15-20 minute drive from there (with no traffic snags.)
I have stayed here twice for the Jacksonville Bank Marathon. The staff has always been courteous, friendly, professional, and is willing to bend the rules a bit to make your stay great. (I usually get back from a marathon around noonish, meaning I might need an extra half an hour past the official checkout time to get showered and packed. The staff at this hotel has always been very cool about that, and even re-opened my room for me last time I was there to let me in to shower -- and housekeeping had already cleaned it up!)
The rooms are pretty clean and comfortable, though like most stick-build hotels of this vintage, you'll see gaps between the AC units and the walls, some cracked ceiling plaster, grungy old caulk, etc. But given the price, it's not much to deal with. Most people probably wouldn't even notice.
The design is pleasant, but it's a no-frills place. It's got the prices of a much grungier hotel, which makes it an amazing value, in my book.
I can't speak to the included breakfast since I've been out the door before that happens. The Wifi is convenient, of course.
If you are thinking of staying here for the Jacksonville Bank Marathon, do. You will be a 3 block walk from the shuttle buses, which leave from the nearby Embassy Suites.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Baymeadows, a Jacksonville hotel near Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville beachesConveniently located close to Jacksonville's businesses, the entertainment district and Jacksonville beaches, the Comfort Suites® Baymeadows is ideal for everyone. This Jacksonville, FL hotel provides easy access to Downtown Jacksonville, the Museum of Science and History, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Southpoint/JTB and Baymeadows Corporate Centers are close to this Florida hotel. The Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical South are located less than eight miles away.The University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus are less than 10 miles away. The Avenues mall and St. John's Town Center, which features more than 150 shops and services, are just three miles from the hotel. Several golf courses and historic St. Augustine are only 15 minutes away.Located on the banks of the St. John's River, Jacksonville Landing is home to a variety of unique shops, fine dining, trendy bars and nightclubs buzzing with excitement. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Suites Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.