This stop was just a quick overnighter for our family of five on a drive up the coast. It's really easy to access off the I-95, and it seems to be in a decent area. The hotel, though, is very dated.
Because it's older, the rooms are nicely sized. However, with age also comes some of those quirky things our family dislikes. The air unit is right under the window, so you have to pin down the curtains so they don't blow (and block the airflow). The television is a big, bulky type and is positioned in a cabinet, so you can't tilt it to point at the bed or the couch. Of course, it's positioned right between both sitting/resting spots, so unless you stand right in front, you won't be able to watch comfortably (which our kids like to do after hours in the car). And the drain in the tub/shower was slow, so you stand in water up to your ankles while you try to get clean.
That said, they've obviously upgraded the beds. The king bed was quite firm and comfortable, and the pillows were great. The fold out couch-bed was the best we've had in a long time, and we were grateful for that. There was plenty of room for the baby's crib, too. The breakfast area, too, seems upgraded, and the breakfast itself was better than most Comfort Suites with a very large selection of foods and good service.
We did not use the pool or other amenities. The staff was friendly and the rooms and public areas were immaculate.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel
- Comfort Suites Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Baymeadows, a Jacksonville hotel near Downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville beachesConveniently located close to Jacksonville's businesses, the entertainment district and Jacksonville beaches, the Comfort Suites® Baymeadows is ideal for everyone. This Jacksonville, FL hotel provides easy access to Downtown Jacksonville, the Museum of Science and History, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Southpoint/JTB and Baymeadows Corporate Centers are close to this Florida hotel. The Mayo Clinic and Baptist Medical South are located less than eight miles away.The University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville South Campus are less than 10 miles away. The Avenues mall and St. John's Town Center, which features more than 150 shops and services, are just three miles from the hotel. Several golf courses and historic St. Augustine are only 15 minutes away.Located on the banks of the St. John's River, Jacksonville Landing is home to a variety of unique shops, fine dining, trendy bars and nightclubs buzzing with excitement. Several restaurants and lounges are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.