“Personable wait staff & bartenders make up for the $$$” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
cantina laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: new upscale mexican restaurant in St. Johns Town Center
Jacksonville, Florida
“Personable wait staff & bartenders make up for the $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We love Mexican food and Cantina Laredo is one of our favorites. I have to say that my favorite thing on the menu is the Patron margarita. It is fantastic (expensive, though). I recommend going during happy hour where you not only get a break on some of the drinks, but several appetizers are half off (at the bar only). Ladies' night is on Thursday, I believe, and the house margaritas (also good) are, like, $3. Brunch on Sundays includes a free Mimosa or Bloody Mary. The best meals I've ever had there, however, are the food & margarita pairings where they feature items that are not on the menu. For $35. per person, you have your choice of an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. For an additional $15. per person, you have a drink accompany each course (varied and made to complement the particular dish), making it a total of $50. per person. I guarantee you will have lunch the next day because you won't be able to finish it. The manager, Patrick, is excellent at his job and ensures that you are having a good experience. The only thing I've tried that I do not recommend is the crabcake. All else is excellent!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St Augustine
“Average but disappointed with the grill quality here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Overall Cantina Laredo lives up to your expectations....if you do not set the bar too high. It is a lovely atmosphere--upscale tex Mexican cuisine but let's remember that this IS a formula based chain restaurant so do not expect too much. Salsas are great, guac, at $9 is a bit pricey as are all the drinks and apps here.,,,,$9.00 for soup--you are paying more for presentation. Still tableside service at least ensures you have something of passable service here--otherwise servers are always spread a bit too thin for my liking. Entrees on a recent Saturday were plated well and tasty enough but my chicken was grilled--and grill marks were substantially bitter--the hallmark of a novice line cook and a less than stellar cleaning job on the grill. Disappointing because the rest of the dish was well prepared. I could not finish the dish due to to this and left hungry.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have had very good experiences at Cantina so I had no qualms about taking my picky Aunt from Texas and my mother here recently. Well, the only thing that would have made our experience worse would have been the heimlich maneuver.
Service was absymally slow, the food arrived stone cold, I mean COLD. The waitress seemed absolutely without a clue, offering both to replace the food and comp it, we were hungry but my aunt and I choose to have the food recooked. My mother was starving and ate her cold food. We got our food back fairly quickly and it was much better but not great. The manager came by to check on us and told us some tale of giving the cook a hard time - I don't know why, the cook doesn't deliver the food. It was so embarrassing and disappointing - we paid full price but I'm not going back any time soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Delicious Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had our first meal at Cantina Laredo today, and it was delicious! The guacamole was amazing...especially since we watched them make it our table! The Mahi tacos were also yummy! We can highly recommend this restaurant and will return there for many more lunches!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Valley, FL
“Wonderful steak, but SLOW service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had been to Cantina previously, and the experience was enjoyable. This time everything about the service seemed to take FOREVER. It was Monday night, we were eating around 7:30 pm and there were plenty of empty tables. The food was exuisite, but the wait times for everything from drinks to desserts was SLOW and made us wonder what was up. We will be back, but be careful if your in a hurry.

• Visited May 2013