“Awesome Gucamole!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
cantina laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: new upscale mexican restaurant in St. Johns Town Center
Fleming Island, Florida
“Awesome Gucamole!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited Cantina Laredo on a Thursday at 5:45 and had a 15 minute wait. Thursday was ladies night and margaritas for the ladies wrre $5. Very potent! It was wsy to strong for someone in our party to drink. Also took awhile to get the drinks has the gucamole for an appetizer which they prepare for you at your table. Just excellent! It said it feeds 2-4 people, but if you like gucamole, it definitely is only for two. It was very additive! Yum! I had the Botanas appetizer for my meal so I could sample a variety of different items since this was my firat time here. For dessert, a Mexican apple pie. Very delicious with cinnamon ice cream, however, we had to wait forever for it. It comes on a hot hot plate and apparently rhey ran out and were waiting for them. Not that we were in a hurry, but the whole meal toiok entirely too long. Thtee hours. Also, I thought that the prices were on the high side and I could have gone somewhere where the food was just as good for a better price.

• Visited April 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Unexpected Sunday Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Shopping in Town Center and decided to stop in here to check it out. We love Mexican food and wanted to buy some loaded nachos or something of the like to munch on and share. The menu is very limited and brunch includes either mimosas or a bloody mary for approx 10 dollars. We decided to sit at the bar for the activity and the bartender was attentive and friendly. The stools even though they didnt have backs were leather and cushioned well so we were very comfortable. The place is spottless and the atmosphere is upscale... I would say and the prices kind of reflect this. We ordered brisket tacos and there were three of them approx 5 inches ( a lil small) and a portion of beans and rice on a sleek plate. The brisket was well seasoned and the tortillas were fresh. The rice was very bland and the beans were okay for 14 dollars. My husband had Dos Equis beer which was 4.50 each and I had a bloody Mary which was 7 dollars. The beer was a bit small in portion but I felt my drink was decent for the charge. The salsa is served in little ramakins and there are two choices. One is a roasted tomatilla and the other a more tomato based. One of the two was a bit spicey but that didnt stop us from eating almost two servings. Upon leaving we went to the bathroom and the music in the bathroom was awesome and I had wished you could hear this in the dining room. When I think Mexican I think of atmosphere and personality and this place was very nice and comfortable but was a bit sterile as Mexican places go. I would suggest they come up with a few more items on the menu that are more like appetizers. (there is only one option for guacamole and it is tableside service for 10 bucks). We would go here again but not if we were super hungy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Yummy upscale Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My fave's of this place are the salsas, dips and drinks. The entrees are good, but nothing mind-blowing. It is an easy atmosphere to relax and enjoy.

• Visited December 2012
Neptune Beach, Florida
“Good gourmet mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have only eaten here 4 or 5 times but I have always been pleased. Good spot for a date or just meeting friends and family. Margaritas a pricey but tasty. The table-side prepared guacamole is to die for, as usual with this national chain. I recommend the enchiladas!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent "Upscale" Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for upscale Mexican food, this is the place! The tableside, made to order guacamole was excellent. The con queso was tasty. The carne asada with bacon wrapped shrimp was a great choice. They also do a great job at dessert. The apple pie and brownie are good choices. This restaurant is very popular, so I'd recommend callling ahead to make reservations.