“An excellent Tea Room” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Jacksonville, Florida
“An excellent Tea Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

What a wonderful experience. With a large selections of tea it was difficult to decide which one to try. So, we each tried one and they were all good. My favorite was the licorice tea, nice mild flavor. My mother enjoyed a scone served with clotted cream. I had the shrimp salad with dill and capers which was excellent. Our friend had the vegetarian sand which on fresh made bread.
A nice find!

• Visited August 2014

Jacksonville, FL
“Average food but nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I guess the tea is the main attraction here and the quaint ambiance. Each table has a different table cloth and different teacups at the place settings, so it is cute.

My friend and I went for lunch. My turkey sandwich was on wheat bread (like the commercial bread you get at the grocery store - not very wheat-like though) and the turkey was possibly also from a package. Their special sauce was ok and a small salad came with it. No leftovers as I usually have at restaurants, but the prices aren't bad so it's ok. I guess I expected more home cooked type items on the menu. The wait staff wasn't very fast even though the place wasn't full. Maybe they were short staffed that day

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sebastian, Florida
“Traditional tea and delicious pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had chocolate mint tea. She had strawberry. Each of our scones were clearly fresh. More were baking in the nearby kitchen. The wafts of warm baking goods added to the flowery headiness at Cozy Tea.

I look forward to a repeat visit and my next new tea flavor and and accompanying scone.

• Visited May 2014
Plainfield, Indiana
“Our favorite place to go when in Jacksonville.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Being British, we both appreciated this lovely tea shop. The atmosphere, the service and the food are excellent. This is the first place we go when we arrive, and the last place we visit when we leave. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“High Tea in 5 Points”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The English owners have transported a small slice of England into 5 Points. The tea and food are amazing. Men don’t be afraid – it may look like a place where “ladies have lunch,” but the food is delicious and worth giving it a try. They have recently discontinued their weekend Indian cuisine dinner – but locals are on a mission to have them prepare it at least once a month!

Visited October 2013