“Would stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, OH
“Would stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This hotel was clean and comfortabe. The breakfast area was clean and the food was good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I booked a room for an employee that does not smoke and was charged $150.00 because the maid said someone smoked in the room. Our employee said the room smelled awful when they arrived and the had to leave the window open all night. They also charged for a movie that they did not watch. I know this employee well and have no reason to question him. I am still trying to get the charged reversed but even corporate does not seem to care. We travel alot and stay at Holiday Inn's frequetly and have never had this problem. Holiday Inn has lost our buisness for good.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My sister and her husband had one room (june 15-22, 09) and I had one room (June 16-11, 09). We were all very pleased with the accommodations, the staff, the breakfast served. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff all very courteous and caring and the breakfast very tasty. My preference on the breakfast would have been more fruit, but that is just a personal preference. I realize I can't have everything.
Also the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

The room is clean, the service staff were very polite and courteous, and it was quiet. I slept like a baby!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is not a hotel -- this is all about the SCAM. Hidden charges, over-charges, contracts written in code, and a weekend "manager" incapable (unwilling) of making any kind of decisions to promote customer service. Blocked a group of rooms for a soccer tournament -- first truly negative experience in five years as hotel manager for our team! The initial reservation process was a huge fiasco -- should have seen the red flags because there were many! Within 20 minutes of check-in they had charged my credit card for almost $500 worth of deposits, miscellaneous fees, and four additional rooms that were supposed to have been released by a reservation cut-off date. The "manager" informed me I was responsible for these four rooms plus my own even though nothing was stated in the "contract". Fortunately, my bank agreed to remove the charges immediately but when on the SECOND day another $450 appeared, I had no choice but to cancel my credit card. Others in our group also were charged mystery fees with no explanation. We are part of a large central florida soccer organization that will boycott all Holiday Inn Expresses in the future. It was a memorable FIRST experience.

• Stayed February 2009
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Not satisfied with our stay at all. Front desk staff seemed very cold. Even the owners, who were present some of the time, are not very friendly. Our biggest gripe was there are no refrigerators in the rooms. You can't store any drinks, water, leftovers AT ALL!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

I was very surprised to see all the bad reviews on this hotel when i went to write this review. Everything that has been said about this Holiday Inn Express was way different than what I experienced. From the minute I walked into the lobby they were there to take care of me. It was a quick check-in and their attitude was wonderful. There was an exceptional young man named Jon at the desk.

My room was in great shape, the housekeeping was fast and complete, and the breakfast was much better that the other local hotels I have stayed in. I will most definately be staying at this hotel from now on. I would recommend it for anyone willing to pay just a tad more for better quality and service.

• Liked — I though the hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and curtious
  • Disliked — It is not really near any kind of jacksonville attractions
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295? Share your experiences!