“Excellent! ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Plant City, Florida
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Have stayed almost exclusively with the Holiday Inn brands the past few years. This location was excellent, just as we've come to expect. Front desk was very helpful with a list of nearby restaurants, including directions to get there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and our amazing staff was able to make your stay a great one. Thank you again for your loyalty to the IHG brand and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great value. The rooms were good size, in good condition and clean. Check in/check out cordial and quick, the complementary breakfast was above average and the location was good, right off I-295. I suggest you request a room facing away from the interstate to reduce traffic noise. The are a number of nearby dining and shopping options and some are within walking distance. I will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear TeaxasNolesfan,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy that an experienced traveler such as yourself found good value in our property. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your newly renovated room and that our great staff was able to make you stay a comfortable one. Thank you again and remember to Stay Smart the next time you are in the area.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 9 nights and enjoyed our stay. Joseph checked us in and was very helpful and polite, unfortunately he could not upgrade us to a suite but we settled on a room with 2 queen beds on the 3rd floor. The room was clean and quite spacious with a fridge and microwave, bathroom was ok but had a broken tile and shower valve was a problem. The immediate area does not offer much in the way of good restaurants but go up 1 junction and there are many good choices. Went to the beach at JAX and down to St Augustine and found the hotel very convenient as it is beside interstate 295. Also found shopping centre at St Johns Town Centre very good for both shopping and also dining. Had breakfast at hotel and as usual good choice of both cold and hot food, only concern was how promptly food was removed - would have been nice if asked if there was anything else we needed before taking everything away. Would stay at this hotel again if visiting area.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front of hotel - noise from interstate can be heard at back of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff kind and welcoming. We will speak with our breakfast attendant about the issue you brought up. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We've stayed at this HIE 3 times in the past few months & it's consistently excellent. Our GPS shows this HIE to be across the street a mile away from the actual location, but we found that out our first visit...it's located right beside Interstate 295 & almost in the Publix parking lot. All the staff members are competent & friendly...Joseph checked us in and greeted us each evening as we came in from working each evening. As platinum members, even though we were staying on points, we were given an upgrade to a nice, clean, roomy suite with comfortable queen beds. Even though the breakfast is the typical HIE "lots of carbs" breakfast, Terry made sure I had bananas each morning & the few items that were important to my family. The second floor ice machine wasn't working, but there was plenty of ice in the machine on the ground floor. There were some restaurants close by, but we went up an exit to find many more choices...not far away. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are trilled to see and experienced traveler such as your self found such great value in our property. We are also thrilled to see a Platinum IHG Rewards member such as yourself found our staff as amazing as we do and that our guest first attitudes shine threw to our great guests. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you next time!
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed at this HIE when in town for a baby shower. The hotel's location is prime for me, both in relation to family and restaurants/stores in the area. I was very pleased with the clean and new appearance of the renovation. The breakfast was delicious. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Even the housekeeper was smiling and engaged in some polite conversation with me. This was an overall great experience for me and my boyfriend, who works elsewhere within the brand. He was also satisfied with the stay, which met his high standards. Good job HIE!

Stayed July 2013
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear mdfrotten,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that we were able to live up to you and your boyfriends standards as we too hold ourselves to high standards. We are pleased to see our guest first attitudes shine threw from our amazing Front Desk team to our outstanding Housekeeping team. Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again the next time you are in town.
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night on bonus points. Place was formerly some other hotel but is once again HIE-Check in was breeze with Joseph at desk; given nice large clean room with micro/fridge-more than adequate for one night stay. Hotel certainly appears to be well run. The hotel is located at the end of a shopping center and can be a little hard to find-be sure to turn into the center (Publix is there) and follow to hotel. There are many options for eating and shopping all within 10-15 minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from I-295; it will be more quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We can see by the number of reviews you have posted that you are an experienced traveler and are very happy that you noticed the excellent guest services deliver by Joseph and the rest of our outstanding staff. We thank you for redeeming your points with us and look forward to the next time you #StaySmart with us when in the area.
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff here are outstanding and know how to treat a customer...
We arrived somewhat late but the lady checking me in already had my paperwork and room ready so it was a very quick check in , to top it off I had been upgraded to a suite even though I was using points and break points at that...Nice!!!

This location is convenient to everything Jacksonville has to offer and is a short drive to St.Augustine which is where the Mrs.C wanted to do some sightseeing.
Our room is on the first floor,lots of space,updated with new furnishings and all the bells and whistles you could need in a hotel room.
Wifi speeds are pretty good,the breakfast options are nice as well.

Corette is a great plus for this hotel,she is super friendly and helpful.

I will definitely return here whenever work or leisure brings me to the area again.

Room Tip: 113 is updated and roomy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr & Mrs. C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great stay with us. We also want to thank you again for being a IHG Rewards member and for redeeming your points with us. We can't agree more with you, our team here is outstanding and take so much pride in delivering you, the guest, with the best service possible so you may relax and enjoy your stay to the fullest. On behalf of our whole team we thank you again and look forward to your next time you #StaySmart with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295? Share your experiences!