“Stayed here many times when new” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
gainesville
“Stayed here many times when new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I never had a problem as described by other people. I especially liked the non-smoking no pet rule. It changed names and I did not stay during that time, but if it is back to a HI Express and as good as before I will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms near interstate ramp has road noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Norman L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Great to hear you are once again a happy guests. We are practically a brand new property. And we are happy to learn you enjoyed your recent stay. Come back soon.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just left this place, after staying a few days for a speech and debate tournament a few minutes away. I know this hotel has gone through some renovation for awhile, because we tried to stay at this place a month ago, but they were closed for construction. Now since they reopened this pace, I feel the freshness of this place. Nice lobby, great breakfast area, and wonderful staff. Our stay was great. We arrived at 1:00am Wednesday morning, and were greeted by a very nice man working his shift at the front desk. He even asked us how our trip to Jacksonville was, a course we said it was great, but I don't remember a front desk guy asking us that. I found it to be very nice. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast like always. The breakfast women were nice and did a great job keeping the breakfast area stocked with food.

It's very hard to find a negative about this place, but probably the only negative part about this place, is probably the location. The location is great, right next to the on-ramp that leads onto Interstate 295, but we found it difficult to get into the parking lot. You have to turn at the McDonalds, and go through a shopping center to get to this hotel. That's the only negative about this place. Our room didn't face I-295, but there wasn't a lot of cars on it at night, and it doesn't sit directly next to the interstate, so road noise shouldn't be a problem. Overall, our stay was great. The location, won't keep us away from this place, because we loved this place, and if we have anymore tournaments nearby, than this Holiday Inn Express will be our place to stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Finally I want to say great job to the general manager and the hotel staff who make this hotel wonderful. Great job everyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Norman L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
So glad to know you enjoyed your stay. The hotel has been completely renovated and for all practical purposes is a new hotel. The shopping center offers many benefits to our guest such as a Publix, Florist, Hair salon, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, Le Grands Steak & Seafood Restaurant, Liquor store and as you stated a McDonalds and Wendys too. All are within walking distance.
Our staff will be happy to hear you noticed there efforts and they had such a positive impact on your stay while here for the tournament. Thanks for sharing your comments and we hope to have you return soon.

Norman LeBert - General Manager
Poolesville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

ok place to stay for the price and location the food is typical for this type of hotel, the gym could use some weights, the carpeting is being upgraded, they also need more luggage carts. I had hoped to walk around the hotel corridor but there are no trails or sidewaks. the exit to get here is a little tricky off the main highway 202, if you blink you miss it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Norman L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hotel closed down after it was sold and totally renovated. Hotel has since reopened and we hope you will return to find the hotel all of what you expect it to be and more.

Thanks and hope to have you return soon.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed here before. The hotel has unfortuantely gone down hill. The breakfast used to be very good but now is horrible. The breakfast attendant could care less that the food was running out with still one half hour to go before it closed @ 9:30 am. Scrambled eggs were empty. No fresh fruit anymore (apples, bananas, etc..). Yogurt is the cheap kind now. The food service attendant saww there was no food available but did not care, instead wnet into the kitchen and cooked herself some breakfast and went into the front office and ate there with the front desk personnel.

The Business Center was equally bad. The printer was out of black ink and no replacement was available.

Many better hotels in Jacksonville to choose from.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want great service and good facilities.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hotel had closed down after being sold and was totally renovated. I am certain you would be happy with the changes that have been made. Hope to see you back soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've stayed a LOTS of Holiday Inn Express rooms over the past year. This one was just like all the rest with premium fixtures, a little larger room, and a super nice spacious lobby. Very pleasant, professional staff also add to the stay. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of the usual 5 was the shower curtain rod was coming loose at one end and there was a little paint coming off over the tub.

I always read Tripadvisor before making a reservation and was shocked to see the negative comments. All I can say is there's too many (7) to ignore and maybe they had a management problem that's been addressed. But for certain as of October 2012 this was just another well above average stay in a premium hotel well worth the few extra $.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glad to see you enjoyed your stay and know you would be even more impressed today. The hotel was closed down early this year and went through a total renovation. I know you would love the new hotel. We just had our Grand Opening June 19th. Hope to have you return soon.
Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stay 10 days and this hotel its small but very clean and the people that worked on it was treated me super.... The beakfast was included and its very good, the pool its very clean. My wife is a Asthmatic patient and all the 10 days does not need her medication because the rooms was extra clean. The accesibility of the hotel to all the shopping center is awsome, 20 minutes near the airport and San Agustin town.

Room Tip: All the room was good, but I stayed on a mini suite and was a pleasure room with all rpthe commoditi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff and a clean comfortable room.
If you are on the south side of Jacksonville and need a room do yourself a favor and stop here.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any bad rooms in the place!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville South I-295? Share your experiences!