“Great Food! Awesome Owner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandaloun

Mandaloun
9862 Old Baymeadows Road, Deerwood Village Shopping Center, Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 866-4572
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great Food! Awesome Owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My kids and I ate at this restaurant for lunch and my 17 year-old son, (who's extremely picky), asked for something off the buffet, because he didn't see anything he liked from that vast array of choices. The owner, Pierre, made him fabulous chicken kabob's and my son loved them so much that he not only ate every piece, but he also asked for the recipe and Pierre gave it to him! He then sat down and chatted with us like we were old friends. You don't even meet the owner/chefs of most restaurants these days, much less sit down and talk to them. He was such a delight. A genuinely nice man. I would categorize this in the moderate price range, because it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't overly pricey either. Regardless, it was VERY good and liked by even the finickiest eater in our family!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jacksonville, FL
“First time & I was pleased and full.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I arrived on a Thursday afternoon & had the lunch buffet because it would allow me to sample many different foods. My waiter was nice, friendly, and very helpful. I tried everything once, and went back for seconds on the items that were delicious. One item I wasn't expecting to have so much heat upon selecting it were these cubed potatoes. I did not notice the little green peppers, they really brought the heat. My favorite dish was this chicken and potatoes, lamb, hummus, and tabbouleh. I will definitely go here again, especially since they host some of the WineandCanvas events here in Jax.

• Visited November 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“Top Mediterranean / Middle Eastern in JAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am a consistent reviewer in TripAdvisor because the vast majority of scores are accurate due to honest user input. We live within 5 miles of the restaurant, so when I saw the ranking in cuisine type, we decided to do some research for lunch on the Saturday of the big Florida - Georgia game nearby. The first impact is classy, clean, romantic and quiet. The second was the fast and friendly service that included two visits by the owner/chef. I can not remember a time when we complained about food or service at any restaurant that and the owner and/or chef roaming the restaurant concerned that you are pleased. Mandaloun was no exception to that rule. We started with the house humus served with a large basket of thick and fresh pita triangles and tahini on the side. We agreed that this was the best we had eaten in many years. Refined with enough flavor to start the meal off right, but no in-your-face harshness. I am normally very luke-warm about hummus, but this was not typical restaurant hummus. Christina had the kafta (grilled lamb minced) pita wrap with parsley and onions. There were two substantial 5 inch wraps with a very delicate pastry quality pita wrap. Mine was a Beef sharawma in a similar rap. The beef was very tender, marinated with a very comfort-food intricate sauce and served with a tahini dip. The sides included were choice of soup of the day, french fries, pasta salad, potato salad or side salad. Christina got the huge side salad and I got the lentil soup. Both sides were first rate. In fact, the lentil soup was creamy-smooth with the same type of intricate subtle seasoning for which all good Med/Middle Eastern food is known. Needless to say, both wraps confirmed that we were now regulars with a plan to return soon for the bigger dinner menu. Even though we both loved our food, the portions were so large that we found it necessary to take boxes for 1 wrap each, hummus with pita triangles. and the baklava Christina had to order as take-out due to our current semi-bloated state. All this for $25 and the only thing we did not order was something from the wine or full bar menu. Until now, we had determined that Sahara in Tally was the closest great med/middle eastern restaurant in the state. We are very pleased to find an even better place in our own city. This is a must-stop for anyone who loves this type of food or anyone wishing to experiment for the first time. We noticed that they also serve a lunch buffet weekdays and have occasional live music. They did have very relaxing recorded background music playing on our visit.

• Visited October 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“If you like Middle Eastern Food, You will Love this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

After searching for six years I had just about given up on a restaurant that served good middle eastern food. Tonight my husband and I tried Mandaloun Restaurant at 9862 Old Bay Meadows Rd, our search is over. This restaurant is excellent. When we arrived we were greeted by the owner who was most gracious. The decor is very nice and our waiter was attentive. The food was delicious. We ordered taboli,baba and the mixed grill of chicken, beef and lamb. Everything was cooked to perfection. I felt as though I were at a friends house.The food was as good as home made. We will putting this on our list of favorite restaurants. We had a little trouble finding the restaurant, look for Winn Dixie, restaurant is on the left next to the coffee place.

• Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Middle Eastern food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Never been disappointed here. Food is excellent, Service is great, and owner usually comes around to greet.

• Visited May 2012