“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marker 32 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Pablo
Transit: There is a JTA bus stop only yards from the entry driveway to the restaurant.
Algonquin, Illinois
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Scrumptious food. Fantastic service. Beautiful window table overlooking the water. Our waiter, Chris, made us feel as if we were the only table in the room. Unhurried, relaxing and delicious. The perfect dining experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ponte Vedra, Florida
“OK but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had reservations for a booth but were given a table after waiting a bit. It was very crowded & we would have had to wait longer so we took the table. Our dinners took a very long time to come out of the kitchen.Server was excellent but my grilled octopus & bean salad came out with dressing which I had asked for on the side. I have had this dish at North Beach Fish Camp & Palm Valley Fish Camp this past week & loved it there. After seeing this presentation I thought it might be a little different but told the server it had dressing.She insisted it was the marinade from the octopus, but the greens were swimming in dressing. She then brought me another. The octopus portion was smaller than at both of the other restaurants. The collards greens were delicious. My husband's grouper was wonderful with a side of spinach & he substituted collards for the polenta. My friends enjoyed their salmon & another the special which was a local fresh fish, cariibbean style. Our dessert was a bread pudding with home made ice cream. I thought the pudding very sweet but good, the ice cream had a strange consistency that I didn't like.Overall pleasant but I wouldn't return on a crowded Saturday night & I would get the fresh local fish.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We have be to Marker 32 a few times and thought it was good to great but not outstanding. Our anniversary dinner was outstanding. We love oysters from FL Gulf Coast and when we learned that had some we made our reservations. Starters were 18 oysters on the half shell which were fresh and slightly salty. They were served with an outstanding dipping sauce. Wife had tuna for main and I had fried oysters and shoestring potatoes. Service was also top notch. Brenda was very attentive and knowledgeable.

Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
“Delightful dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had tried on another trip to have dinner at Marker 32. We are SO glad we tried again! We had no reservations, but were greeted warmly and seated rapidly. The wait staff did a wonderful job of explaining the menu and the specials. We shared a salad -- which was delicious and appropriately sized for sharing. My husband had roast pork -- a beautiful presentation of a delightfully tasty dish. I chose two appetizers rather than an entrée. The first was caramelized scallops -- absolutely delicious and the scallops were cooked better than any scallops I've had before (and I often order scallops). I had hoped to have the seafood fritters, but the last order had just been served. I had, instead, the meat and cheese plate. House-made country pate, Derby cheddar, Roquefort, and a lovely, soft, Camembert-type cheese (the name escapes me), served with honey, a kumquat jam, and a mustard. This was the most wonderful meal we've been served in quite a while. We'll definitely be back on our next trip to Jacksonville.

Visited February 2014
Ashland, Virginia
“Marker 32 Hits the Mark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

After a day at Mayo Clinic my wife and I made reservations at Marker 32 for a nice meal out break. We were greeted graciously and seated promptly. Both of us were impressed with the specials and menu choices. Each of us selected an oyster starter that was delicious and had salads for our main course. Her shrimp salad was presented beautifully and delicious. My octopus and bean salad was very good, but compared with the shrimp salad not as spectacular. I had a glass of delicious French white wine that was perfect with the dishes . For dessert I ordered an olive oil cake with toasted almonds and a side of burnt sugar ice cream. This was my least favorite of the dishes because one of the ingredients had a 'been in the freezer too long taste ' . I thought it was the ice cream, but it may have been the almonds, but it was so noticeable it took away from an otherwise wonderful meal. Anyway , that was our only complaint of the meal which is why I didn't give it 5 stars!
Our server was delightful and very attentive, definitely a 5 star waitress!