“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marker 32 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,678 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Pablo
Transit: There is a JTA bus stop only yards from the entry driveway to the restaurant.
St. Johns, Florida
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food is great. The selection is awesome, but the atmosphere is the best. I love it at Marker 32 for its incredible variety.

Visited August 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“Hard Place To Leave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Try the oysters baked. Excellent presentation and great taste. The scollops were exceptional and the roast pork was in a delightful sauce making the brussel sprouts really enjoyable (which heretofore I believe impossible). The services was quick and well informed, and the prices were conservative. The only downside is the restaurant is hard to get to and even more difficult to leave. Drive with caution.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wallingford, Connecticut
“A Nice Place, But Not What We Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

A nice restaurant on the water. We drove 20 minutes to get there from the Hilton Garden Inn in Ponte Vedra, and, honestly, the experience was not worth the drive. The acoustics are, to be blunt, awful. There is a constant cacaphony which makes it difficult to hear the person across the table from you. I had the Mayport shrimp - sadly, it was nothing to write home about. The breads were nice, the appetizers very good, the service was excellent, the drinks were OK. After reading the TA reviews, I expected much more than what we got. To be fair, three out of 12 of our group loved the place. Four thought it was very good, and the remaining 5 shared my opinion. If it were just up to me, this restaurant gets a very generous 3 stars. I give it four due to the opinions of my companions - perhaps I should have ordered what they did.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Good but loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our meal at Marker 32 was good but the noise level was so high we could not hear one another talk. We were a party of 4 & had trouble hearing each other over the noise. Our meals were good. The Mayport shrimp was good but not excellent. Their bread is excellent as is the warm spinach salad. Out wait staff was attentive. However, due to the high noise factor we probably will not return.

Rochester, Minnesota
“Stick with What They're Good At”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to Marker 32 for dinner with work colleagues. The atmosphere was nice, with new agey-type music and low lighting...until some presumably local patrons wanted to watch the presidential debate. Music turned down, Romney/Obama turned up. Other than that, service was great. I had the warm spinach salad, which was great, but what wouldn't be with bacon and cheese? I also had pork osso bucu, which must have been for them an experiment gone awry. It apparently is not on their standard menu. It looked good, but was gristly and a bit hard to chew. Hence the recommendation for them to stick with what they are good at, which might be fish. The hand apple pie for dessert was good.

• Visited October 2012