“Tasty food and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 1,775 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Tasty food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

Pho was excellent.
Our waitress was nice and helpful.
All 4 dishes tasted very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Americanized Vietnamese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

My significant other is Vietnamese, so I had had a lot of great Vietnamese food homemade, as well as in Vietnamese restaurants that they enjoy. This restaurant is not one of them. The food here is an Americanized concept of what Vietnamese food should be. It is edible, but if you know what the food is supposed to taste like, there is no comparison. If you want to try great Vietnamese food in the Jacksonville area, there is a little restaurant at the corner of Cassat Avenue and I-10.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
shakeitsgreat
“Tasty Noodles in an Excellently Appointed Eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My girlfriend and I recently visited Bowl of Pho for lunch. I am not from the area and we found this place via Google when we searched for Bubble Tea.

I got the Bún, while my girlfriend ordered the Phở. Both dishes were served with their traditional accouterments, and were tasty and fresh. We also shared some spring rolls, which were also very typical, fresh and delicious - the only difference was the peanut dipping sauce was much thinner than I have had at other restaurants - I actually preferred this sauce to the pastier variations found at other places.

I am not a fan of Bubble Tea, or Boba, but my girlfriend orders the milk tea and reported that it was a touch too sweet, and had grass jelly mixed in. The tapioca balls were a good consistency - she gave it 3.5 stars (a compliment).

The restaurant is located in an older looking shopping plaza anchored by a grocery store. There were several other Asian restaurants and shops in the area. Bowl of Pho was much nicer than I had anticipated by the surroundings - I think I was imagining more of a noodle shop type place. This was an artfully decorated restaurant with a host, booths and a full menu.

If you are in the Jacksonville area and are craving some Phở, I would highly recommend Bowl of Pho.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Pretty tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Surprisingly delightful! We came here purely based on the Yelp reviews, and I'd say that it was worth the trip.

We ordered our simple spring rolls and pho special. I ordered the small, Husband ordered the large, and 3 of our other friends ordered other Pho bowls.

I thoroughly enjoyed the spring rolls. Very fresh, equal balance in filling of shrimp to pork to vermicelli to basil leaves and lettuce. The dipping sauce wasn't bad, but I prefer it to have a little more heat to it.

Pho was well done. Meat quality was high, and the broth was pretty good. I still prefer the broth that I had in Mississauga, Ontario. Tastes more fragrant. This one was just a little flatter and saltier. Still pretty good compared to some places in LA.

All in all, good meal, and good service. Quick, fast, and efficient. No frills, and not dingy either! I'd come back if I was in a pho mood and in the area.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“We drive 100 miles...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

round trip for the pho at this great place! The food is fresh and tasty, and the prices reasonable.
They have a well rounded menu of noodle and rice dishes, as well as spring rolls. The service is quick and efficient.
My only suggestion would be....put in a second location at River City!

• Visited May 2011