“Awesome authentic Thai!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #842 of 1,814 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Thai
“Awesome authentic Thai!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

For years we have been lamenting the demise of Thai Room in Jax Beach and finding no suitable substitute except it's sister restaurant Lemongrass in Bay Meadows (not exactly local to the beaches). Thai Orchid may be even better than the old Thai Room. If you love Thai food, you really need to give this a try. I am glad it is tucked away in a Publix shopping center strip mall, away from the shopping center crowds. Super delicious ... so MANY good dishes here (not just the usual Thai menu) ... a favorite is the vegetable green curry noodle but the duck is awesomely good too. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Ok Pad Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Good spot for lunch, fair prices but Sala Thai is definitely better though and right down the road. Soup today was warm but not hot enough, spice was accurate on Chicken Pad Thai just not a whole lot of flavor. We'll go back have eaten here about 7 times, all ok nothing spectacular. Each time we say it's good but no Sala Thai. Nice Spring rolls.

Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice and friendly atmosphere, standard foods and prices. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there with wife, Mom and baby. Ordered 4 different entrees. Pad thai came out pink; strange coloring because nothing in the ingredients should make it pink. Looks a little scary as Mom pointed out. The curries were a little salty. Overall, average Thai food and would likely not be back again.

Gilroy, California
“Probably won't return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We wanted to try this restaurant because of the nice reviews but we were very disappointed. The restaurant look a little bit on the cheap side. The server was nice but had difficulty to understand. We took the combination platter and I liked about half of it, it wasn't worth the 10$ price. We took the stir-fry with scallops (mini scallops) and cashews and it was very good. we tried the coconut ice cream and it was very very good. We asked for some wine and the server told us that they had no wine, I don't know if it was temporary or not, the server didn't respond clearly. The mini complimentary salad at the beginning was a nice touch. For us, this place is nice for a quick lunch but we will never go for a romantic dinner, a special occasion or any dinner at all. With so much nice thai place near it, we would prefer a place with a better atmosphere and that looks a little bit more fancy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Psycho Server”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We used to eat here often but moved away then moved back to the 'hood. We ordered in take out about 2 weeks ago and noticed the food wasn't very good and was very spicy despite our request that it was mild. Tonight we went in and the server, who was wearing a stocking knit cap and a sleeveless T-shirt ( and a male) took 7 minutes to get to us, despite the fact that there was ONE table. He was CHOMPING on gum, I mean a wad, probably 4-5 pieces. I asked him to remove his gum and he surprisingly asked "why?" with attitude. I told him because I didn't want spit in my food and it's disgusting. At that point, he slams down his book and refuses to take my order. We were going to have someone else take my order, but then realized he probably would spit in out food. He then almost follows me out of the store like he's gonna beat me up. Then my friend tells me he's the owner's husband. I used to know the owner and it was a guy so apparently, the place has been sold since we moved away and that's why the food sucks now. Stay away from this place. The servers are violent psychopaths, the food sucks, and it's incredibly expensive.

• Visited June 2013