“If you love garlic...and tapas” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stanley, North Carolina, United States
“If you love garlic...and tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The food is fresh, the service was friendly and prompt...great place! The honey hummus should not be missed. I hadn't had honey on top of hummus before, but it was a nice counterpoint to the garlic in the hummus. Every other plate we had was really scrumptious. The chorizo, the cremini mushrooms and the bruschetta were all winners. The gazpacho was a little weird. I have never had pureed gazpacho before. It was good, just not what I expected. I don't think I will get it again. Overall a really good experience!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This isn't a place you would eat every night but when you want something special... go here. The chef puts a lot into his menu. You aren't eating anything out of a box. It's tapas so the portions are on small side... as you would expect. The specials are amazing and the desserts are too.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Best crab cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I love this place! Went there for lunch and had their crab cakes. Apparently they had just put them on the menu! The best I have ever tasted! My husband had the ham gravy over peasant bread and that was delicious as well! I highly recommend this place! There are no burgers, no hot dogs or anything that even resembles this on their menu! Just good food prepared wonderfully!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville
“Beyond our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have tried on numerous occasions to have dinner at 13 Gypsies and finally landed reservations! Our fabulous evening celebrating two birthdays was well worth our wait! Our party of 8 ordered everything from hummus with clover honey to citrus marinated beef, gnocchi and tres leche cake!
We loved everything ! Don't give up!
You will love 13 Gypsies!!

Pennsylvania
“Try the risotto and the tres leches cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We shared the Tres Leches cake. OMG it was incredible. As was the risotto. I had the mushroom and Parmesean croquettes. They are $3 a piece not per serving. They were okay. I also had the piri piri shrimp. Again, just okay. Small portion big price. But I would definitely go back for the risotto and cake. Nice sized portions and the best risotto I ever had and I make my own. It was perfect. I challenge Chef Ramsey to find fault with their risotto. True perfection. My cousin had the Salvador sandwich. He says it was good. I think I have some photos to add.

• Visited May 2014