“Great hotel, but bring ear plugs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Jefferson Road, Jacksonville, FL 32225 (Formerly St. Johns Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #22 of 131 hotels in Jacksonville
TIFTON
“Great hotel, but bring ear plugs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

friendly staff, great rooms, great price for all the amenities. Would give it a 5 except for one thing, The walls are so thin you can hear everything in the adjacent rooms. On one side of us we were awakened at 4:45 in the morning by the news on the television in the next room. It was so loud I actually thought my wife had turned on the tv when I first woke up. And then at around 7:45am we could hear the entire conversation of the couple in the other room next to us.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you are on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Navarre,Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a very nice hotel for the price.We had the executive king suite which was spacious with a nice sitting area which we used visiting with our Sailor.The Staff was friendly and helpful the room had a good size fridge and microwave.Breakfast was good with pancakes, eggs,meat and some killer cinnamon buns.While the hotel sits on a busy street about 8 miles from Mayport NAS
It was quiet.our senior rate was great for this hotel which was comparable to much more expensive area hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, last month. We really appreciate both the kind words and your business. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area, that we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

For my stay,(visiting my son at JU) everything went smooothly while staying at this hotel.
I stayed here once when it was owned by another company, and the difference is night & day. The place is newly remodeled, very clean, extremely friendly & easy check in & very accomodating...breakfast came with the reservation & I was very pleased with the choices. Yes, the location is not very impressive stuck behind some buildings but it put you right in the middle of everything - a few minutes here or there & you were in the middle of all the shopping areas, restaurants & for me, really not even 10 mins.away from the college. Seriously a perfect stay!
Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You very much for your positive review, and I am very happy to hear that we impressed you. Hope to see you with us in the future !

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked the hotel by bidding so I had a pretty good rate. The location was not impressive. It was tucked behind a major road. Outside were mostly car dealerships but there were a few restaurants within a 2-minute drive. Southside is about 8 minutes away. Hotel was relatively new and clean. Bed was ok comfy, but pillows were not. Though they were marked soft and hard, I couldn't tell the difference. Both felt soft and old to me.

The next morning at 7:30am, the person upstairs started running around in his room. This lasted for 15 minutes and eventually gave me a headache. I told Jazmine at the front desk. She was very accommodating and moved me to the top floor. But, in the middle of the night after the move, I was waken up by the static behind the fridge. Thankfully, Jazmine took care of it again (you are the best!) The staff who moved the new fridge arrived in 10 minutes and he was very polite (kudos to you too).

If you have high tolerance for noise, this shouldn't be an issue.

However, if you have a good appetite for breakfast, then make sure you arrive early, because by 9:00am, bacon, breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs would be gone. The first day the male staff refilled the eggs, probably threw in 3 pieces of sausage, but the female staff on the second day did not bother after a big family cleaned up everything. The rest of the food was typical - toast, cereal, pancake machine. I didn't expect much for free breakfast, but this was worse than my expectation.

Now I understand why I won my bidding. If I have paid regular price, I would be very unhappy.

Room Tip: Choose the 4th floor unless you don't mind the noise and vibrations cause by the person above yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is a new hotel. The facility is excellent, and is kept clean. The staff is friendly. The breakfast is mediocre but free. it is kind of hard to get to in rush hour. And, there is no stoplight to get out.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the east side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was staying on business & was greeted upon arrival by Emily, who upgraded my room to a very spacious suite. The first morning, a Monday morning, my family who was there only one evening with me...were all greeted by CC, who was extraordinarily friendly & even made my "hard to please" daughter very happy by making her pancakes, bringing her out some bacon (only sausage was out), & kept checking on us. The remainder of the week & weekend that I was there, the young lady in the dining area wasn't as friendly. Also they were missing some usually common staples in the HIE chain breakfast...boiled eggs & fruit. I simply went out & bought some fruit & healthier food items for my breakfast. Overall my stay was fine...the bed comfortable, the room clean, flatscreen TV, & lots of things close by....very low price when I was there also. I would return. Oh, also an easy drive into the downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We look forward to having the opportunity to redeem ourselves should your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area.

Alpharetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A good hotel at a great price. I'd stay here again. It's a few miles from the beach, but it is also 1/2 the price of the hotels on the beach. If I was here on business I'd stay here without concern. For family it is a good dealat a family friendly price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us! I am very pleased that you chose our hotel and enjoyed our rooms. It is through comments such as yours that let us know that we are providing the excellent service that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville East Is known for !
frankie.jaxab@gmail.com

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East? Share your experiences!