“Not a 4-star for sure, but slightly above 3” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East

You added Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Jefferson Road, Jacksonville, FL 32225 (Formerly St. Johns Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #19 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tampa, Florida
“Not a 4-star for sure, but slightly above 3”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked the hotel by bidding so I had a pretty good rate. The location was not impressive. It was tucked behind a major road. Outside were mostly car dealerships but there were a few restaurants within a 2-minute drive. Southside is about 8 minutes away. Hotel was relatively new and clean. Bed was ok comfy, but pillows were not. Though they were marked soft and hard, I couldn't tell the difference. Both felt soft and old to me.

The next morning at 7:30am, the person upstairs started running around in his room. This lasted for 15 minutes and eventually gave me a headache. I told Jazmine at the front desk. She was very accommodating and moved me to the top floor. But, in the middle of the night after the move, I was waken up by the static behind the fridge. Thankfully, Jazmine took care of it again (you are the best!) The staff who moved the new fridge arrived in 10 minutes and he was very polite (kudos to you too).

If you have high tolerance for noise, this shouldn't be an issue.

However, if you have a good appetite for breakfast, then make sure you arrive early, because by 9:00am, bacon, breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs would be gone. The first day the male staff refilled the eggs, probably threw in 3 pieces of sausage, but the female staff on the second day did not bother after a big family cleaned up everything. The rest of the food was typical - toast, cereal, pancake machine. I didn't expect much for free breakfast, but this was worse than my expectation.

Now I understand why I won my bidding. If I have paid regular price, I would be very unhappy.

Room Tip: Choose the 4th floor unless you don't mind the noise and vibrations cause by the person above yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is a new hotel. The facility is excellent, and is kept clean. The staff is friendly. The breakfast is mediocre but free. it is kind of hard to get to in rush hour. And, there is no stoplight to get out.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the east side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was staying on business & was greeted upon arrival by Emily, who upgraded my room to a very spacious suite. The first morning, a Monday morning, my family who was there only one evening with me...were all greeted by CC, who was extraordinarily friendly & even made my "hard to please" daughter very happy by making her pancakes, bringing her out some bacon (only sausage was out), & kept checking on us. The remainder of the week & weekend that I was there, the young lady in the dining area wasn't as friendly. Also they were missing some usually common staples in the HIE chain breakfast...boiled eggs & fruit. I simply went out & bought some fruit & healthier food items for my breakfast. Overall my stay was fine...the bed comfortable, the room clean, flatscreen TV, & lots of things close by....very low price when I was there also. I would return. Oh, also an easy drive into the downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We look forward to having the opportunity to redeem ourselves should your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area.

Frankie Butler
53 Jefferson rd
Jacksonville, Fl 32225
frankie.jaxab@gmail.com
Alpharetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A good hotel at a great price. I'd stay here again. It's a few miles from the beach, but it is also 1/2 the price of the hotels on the beach. If I was here on business I'd stay here without concern. For family it is a good dealat a family friendly price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us! I am very pleased that you chose our hotel and enjoyed our rooms. It is through comments such as yours that let us know that we are providing the excellent service that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville East Is known for !
Frankie Butler
53 Jefferson rd
Jacksonville, Fl 32225
frankie.jaxab@gmail.com
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Not a problem in this renovated former st. Johns Suites hotel. Easy on and off I295, many stores and restaraunts close by on Atlantic Blvd.

Heather was a true delight checkin, as was Jazmine checking out.

Room surprised me for the size and cleanliness. Good channel selection on the tv, though no NFL network.

The little breakfast available was enought to get any one going in the morning.

I'll be back here.

Room Tip: I took a room facing away from the street, so as not to be over the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. I will be sure to personally recognize Heather & Jasmine for there superior guest service. It's through comments such as yours that let our hotel know what we're doing right, and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Your Friendly staff
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville East
53 JEFFERSON RD
JACKSONVILLE,FL 32225
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Although my stay was only about five hours long I found it to be rather pleasant. The room was quite spacious and clean. The price was definitely right given that we used a "Green Book" coupon for only $49. The beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom was in good condition so I found it to be a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We're so glad you enjoyed the service, location, and amenities of our hotel! We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We enjoyed having you as guests and hope to see you again very soon!
Frankie
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed March 1st - 3rd, 2012 and the hotel is good for the price BUT the breakfast needs improvement. There was only bread/CARBS plain muffins, plain bread, plain biscuits and they had gravy in a pot ( I guess for biscuits and gravy), and small muffins on the bar no fruit not even bananas.

How can you visit florida and there is no fruit on the breakfast bar !

Suggest adding waffles/bacon/eggs -- you can buy those pre made.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East? Share your experiences!