“Great value...nice hotel overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East

You added Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Jefferson Road, Jacksonville, FL 32225 (Formerly St. Johns Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 131 Hotels in Jacksonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston
“Great value...nice hotel overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was staying on business & was greeted upon arrival by Emily, who upgraded my room to a very spacious suite. The first morning, a Monday morning, my family who was there only one evening with me...were all greeted by CC, who was extraordinarily friendly & even made my "hard to please" daughter very happy by making her pancakes, bringing her out some bacon (only sausage was out), & kept checking on us. The remainder of the week & weekend that I was there, the young lady in the dining area wasn't as friendly. Also they were missing some usually common staples in the HIE chain breakfast...boiled eggs & fruit. I simply went out & bought some fruit & healthier food items for my breakfast. Overall my stay was fine...the bed comfortable, the room clean, flatscreen TV, & lots of things close by....very low price when I was there also. I would return. Oh, also an easy drive into the downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We look forward to having the opportunity to redeem ourselves should your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area.

Frankie Butler
53 Jefferson rd
Jacksonville, Fl 32225
frankie.jaxab@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Alpharetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A good hotel at a great price. I'd stay here again. It's a few miles from the beach, but it is also 1/2 the price of the hotels on the beach. If I was here on business I'd stay here without concern. For family it is a good dealat a family friendly price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us! I am very pleased that you chose our hotel and enjoyed our rooms. It is through comments such as yours that let us know that we are providing the excellent service that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville East Is known for !
Frankie Butler
53 Jefferson rd
Jacksonville, Fl 32225
frankie.jaxab@gmail.com
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Not a problem in this renovated former st. Johns Suites hotel. Easy on and off I295, many stores and restaraunts close by on Atlantic Blvd.

Heather was a true delight checkin, as was Jazmine checking out.

Room surprised me for the size and cleanliness. Good channel selection on the tv, though no NFL network.

The little breakfast available was enought to get any one going in the morning.

I'll be back here.

Room Tip: I took a room facing away from the street, so as not to be over the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
frankie b, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. I will be sure to personally recognize Heather & Jasmine for there superior guest service. It's through comments such as yours that let our hotel know what we're doing right, and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Your Friendly staff
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville East
53 JEFFERSON RD
JACKSONVILLE,FL 32225
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Although my stay was only about five hours long I found it to be rather pleasant. The room was quite spacious and clean. The price was definitely right given that we used a "Green Book" coupon for only $49. The beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom was in good condition so I found it to be a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We're so glad you enjoyed the service, location, and amenities of our hotel! We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We enjoyed having you as guests and hope to see you again very soon!
Frankie
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed March 1st - 3rd, 2012 and the hotel is good for the price BUT the breakfast needs improvement. There was only bread/CARBS plain muffins, plain bread, plain biscuits and they had gravy in a pot ( I guess for biscuits and gravy), and small muffins on the bar no fruit not even bananas.

How can you visit florida and there is no fruit on the breakfast bar !

Suggest adding waffles/bacon/eggs -- you can buy those pre made.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. It is unclean, loud, and a threatening atmosphere. I would not recommend for families, couples, or anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here before my cruise. And this place is horrendous. First room had pubic hairs in the tub so we were given another room. Second room had cheerios in the floor and pubic hairs in the bed. We looked at two other rooms and they were just as bad. The WiFi speed was terrible and that is even if you could get a signal, the speeds were little better than dialup speed.
Also while having to move room to room we had to use these rickity old luggage carriers that were falling apart. They were ducked tape together and the base was screwed into a block of wood. Bob Villa would not be proud on that job.
 Now I will say one thing that was shining in this crap hotel. The front desk women Jazmine was super nice and apologetic through the whole thing. Run away from this place.

Update:
The place gets better and better. now have a bedspread with dried blood on it.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East? Share your experiences!